1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NXT 2.0 Wax

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by dysfunctnlretard, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Oct 28, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Anybody use it before? How were the results? Im thinking of trying this out today

2. Oct 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    i use it and love it.

3. Oct 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    victory24

victory24 Member

Member:
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner TRD
    I have used it for the past year on my chopper and I love it. A little bit exspensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

4. Oct 28, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    thanks! ill definitely try it then. Megs#26 isnt doing what I want it to do (longevity wise). So ill try this.

5. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    LEEP

LEEP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LEE
    CONNECTICUT
    Vehicle:
    O8 TACOMA TRD
    I like this wax + use it

6. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    If your truck sits outside the majority of the time and it gets warm there, then traditional wax will not stand the test of time. You have to use a synthetic wax like the Tech wax 2.0, it will stand up to the heat and exposure for longer. I have been using it now for about 2 years, and it's the only thing that will touch my truck when it comes to wax.

Another way to ensure longevity when it comes to waxing is prep work; I use the three step process from Megs and it works wonders. Paint prep, paint polish and then wax or if you truck needs it clay bar first then the three steps.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you clay bared the truck?

7. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I clayed it back in mid-July. I bought my truck in early June so its only 4-5 months old but i REALLY wanna preserve the paint. Ive treated the exterior of previous cars like shit due to ignorance and I wanna change that habit. Thanks for the tip on synthetic wax. It totally makes sense as my truck has been in 78-95 degree wether these last few months and I find myself waxing every 4 weeks which seems a little much to me

Paint Prep?
    Paint Polish?

8. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    For paint prep, you should use clay. It's a good idea to polish your vehicle before using wax, get all the swirls out of the clear coat then apply your wax to protect your new shine. If you do it right you can make your truck look like new. If you wanna learn to really get the shine out of your vehicle watch these videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FC70B6341D4FE361&search_query=junkman2000

Keep in mind you can substitute the products he uses with other brands if you want.

9. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Sounds good. I do all that anyways, just thought you meant something else. Luckily, my truck has never seen a car wash, Ive washed it with microfiber mitts from day one so it has no swirl marks! :D

I take it offroading sometimes and always come back with some sort of series of scratches but Megs Scratch X 2.0 works wonders. My truck has had scratches that are 4 ft long and ScratchX has gottem out, love that stuff.

10. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    NXT tech wax is all ive used on my truck for some time, and its gonna stay that way. I vote :bananadance:

11. Oct 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    VolFan57

VolFan57 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TENNESSEE
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR 4x4 - MGM - traded. 2018 TRD Sport BRM 6MT
    I used it for the first time 2 weeks ago and really like it. Also I did the clay bar treatment prior to waxing and that combined with the nxt wax made my truck shine like never before - i recommend it!

12. Oct 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Wow you clay before every wax?

I only do it once or twice a year. When i'm washing the truck, I take my hand and feel how smooth everything feels while running water over the surface. If it feels ruff I clay if not I just dry and use the quick detailer.

13. Oct 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    You should be good on the clay bare then, just feel it next time you wash the truck. Run water under you hand and make sure it feels smooth, if not time for a clay bare.

I meant paint cleaner nor prep lol...here is the products I use in this order:
    http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+A3016
    http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+A2116
    http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G12711

14. Oct 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Not every wax. I wax once a month, I've yet to clay again. I may do it again today since I have time, gotta see how my paint feels

15. Oct 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    Robtrd

Robtrd Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT
    What bout Meguiars paste Wax? Is that any better... I use Meguiars cleaner wax any diffrnt from paste?

16. Oct 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I use it on mine every month to month and a half depending on temperature to maintain protection. Nxt will last longer than caranuba.

If I need to do a serious cleaning/waxing I will use meguiars fine cut cleaner or swirl mark remover, follow that with meguiars show car glaze, then #26 caranuba.

I have a porter cable DA polisher I use with various lake country pads to apply compounds, waxes, etc.

17. Oct 28, 2009 at 1:59 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    well just got back from using the NXT 2.0 and overall, its a good product but I may go back to using #26. The NXT doesnt provide as deep as a gloss as #26 does nor does it leave the paint feeling as smooth. I also didnt like the way the wax is so thin/transparent because I find myself second guessing if a particular area has wax on it or not. I will admit though, NXT is soooo much easier too apply. #26 is thick and you really have to work to spread it and get it on right.

18. Oct 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    Robtrd

Robtrd Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT
    Pics:D

19. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    I use NXT and it is a great wax, but, keep in mind that it is a cleaner-wax, meaning it will remove anything that is applied before it depending on how you apply it. I'm not refering to polishes but rather glazes or sealants. If you use glazes and sealants and then use NXT, the NXT may strip some or all of the sealant and/or glaze if "worked" into the paint. If all you're doing is clay baring and/or polishing and then NXT, you'll be fine. See post #4:
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ed-lsp-following-synthetic-sealant-2-0-a.html

20. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    Hell no, I haven't even had the time to polish or wax for a few months now. My goal is to use clay 3-4 times a year. A good way to test if you need to clay is to wash the truck, then put your hand inside a ziplock bag and run it over the hood, if it's smooth you're fine but if it's rough and you feel stuff grabbing at the bag it needs clay. If you've never used clay, you need it, even if you just bought the truck. I know some include like a cleaner wax or cleaner polish or whatever but I already end up with 6-8 hour detail sessions when I go all out, don't need to add to it.

Products Discussed in

To Top