Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wet Okole Group Buy Orders

Old 12-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #141
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadej87 View Post
i got these with the group buy and was wondering, is anybody else getting a gap between the cover where the airbag hole is? i can see the seat under it without even pulling back the flap...i think they should have atleast put some velcro there or light easy-tear stiching so that hole doesnt happen
Sort of...

Quote:
also, i dont have much experience with neoprene, but when i installed them, i poured some water on them to test them out and the water soaked into the neoprene, is this supposed to happen? should it bead off?
They're neoprene sleeved in nylon. The nylon will soak up water. The neoprene stops it from getting to your seat fabric.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #142
Gunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of light
Marines: Gunny, Retired 2001
Name: Randy
Gunny's Tacoma Gallery
How does the group by work? I went on ToyotaNation and didn't see anything about group buy. If I do find something what then...sorry guys a newbee. Still gotta post pictures of Taco.
THX
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #144
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
I have had these sitting around for awhile but haven't gotten around to installing them.

Did anyone clean their seats before the install? necessary?
Old 12-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #145
Gunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of lightGunny is a glorious beacon of light
Gunny's Tacoma Gallery
Hee, hee

IMAO too, but whatryagonnado when you want something but can't figure it out? How about a clue
Old 12-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #146
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Put the seats back in yesterday. I took out the seats two weeks ago to install the covers and a few other projects.

I still need to put power to the heating element in the seats but I need to locate a switched power lead under the hood if possible.

I also did another project. Here is a teaser pic.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #147
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Heating elements are installed and working. I did a custom switch install.

Warm and toasty now. It was 12 degrees this morning in DC.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #148
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Put the seats back in yesterday. I took out the seats two weeks ago to install the covers and a few other projects.

I still need to put power to the heating element in the seats but I need to locate a switched power lead under the hood if possible.

I also did another project. Here is a teaser pic.

Colors look great.

Are those headrest covers on backwards?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #149
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
How does the group by work? I went on ToyotaNation and didn't see anything about group buy. If I do find something what then...sorry guys a newbee. Still gotta post pictures of Taco.
THX
You'll have to wait around for the next group buy. They only come around every so often and looking at the success of this one i see another group buy in 2010.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #150
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Colors look great.

Are those headrest covers on backwards?
I hope not but if they are it is an easy change. I will check them out tomorrow.

The heated seats are NICE. The temp is in the high teens with about a 30 MPH wind today.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #151
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
I hope not but if they are it is an easy change. I will check them out tomorrow.

The heated seats are NICE. The temp is in the high teens with about a 30 MPH wind today.

Also, be sure they're not mixed up left vs. right...one of the headrest covers is for the left, the other is for the right...WO headrest covers are NOT bilaterally symmetrical...one is meant for one side, the other for the other side. You may have to fiddle a bit before you figure out which one goes where. You'll know when you hit it though...the install will be easier, and the fitment will be better.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #152
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Also, be sure they're not mixed up left vs. right...one of the headrest covers is for the left, the other is for the right...WO headrest covers are NOT bilaterally symmetrical...one is meant for one side, the other for the other side. You may have to fiddle a bit before you figure out which one goes where. You'll know when you hit it though...the install will be easier, and the fitment will be better.
Thank you I will check it out tomorrow. Too late tonight and it is too cold out.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #153
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I can't seem to figure out what option to choose for the rear seat of my 09 double cab. I know its a 60-40 option. But in the picture http://www.wetokole.com/TOYTACR.html they show the middle of the seat folding down. My middle doesn't fold down.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #154
comatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the rough
comatosed's Tacoma Gallery
I picked the 60/40 option but then also picked that the seatbelt comes out of the seat because it does.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #155
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
perfect. Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 04:39 AM   #157
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else order the seats with the heating element? Both of my seats get really warm and I need to turn off the element after 5 to 10 minutes. I called WO and talked to Steve he said no one was having problems with the heaters being too hot.

The good thing is the heaters get hot and not the opposite that the heaters do not get hot enough.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #158
Gunny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Esc Loco, Ill be watching for the post from time to time.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #159
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Thanks Esc Loco, Ill be watching for the post from time to time.

Gunny:
If you are active or retired military you qualify for a 20% discount. Call WO and get the details.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #160
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the seat heaters are quite hot, but when it was 28 below last week, I could barely feel them. When it is only mildly chilly, and I'm wearing thin cloths, then yes, I cannot run them all the time. I wish that they had a high and a low setting, but really, I'm happy with them. Turning them on and off occasionally while driving isn't that big of a bother.