1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Buffer/Polisher

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by tacoman101, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Oct 31, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    My boss just gave me this Craftsmen Buffer/Polisher because it was just collecting dust in his barn. So I have some questions about this thing.
    1. How much is it worth?
    2. Is this the kind of buffer that can take your paint off of you don't use it right.
    3. And what is its primary function (applying wax, getting rid of scratches, etc.)

Thanks ahead of time, here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nov 1, 2009 at 4:55 AM
    tacoman101

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    Anyone?

3. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:05 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Any buffer will damage paint if you don't pay attention to what you are doing. It looks like a sponger applicator...so I think that is for polishing.
    You should be able to remove that pad or use a cover over that one for buffing.

4. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:20 AM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    Looks like it's a random orbital to me, which means it's safer than a rotary. A rotary just spins, a random orbital shakes the pad around and spins.

5. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:02 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I have the same one. I like to wax and remove the wax by hand and then buff with a lambs wool bonnet using the polisher. New, they were about 60 bucks. In the condition shown, at a yard sale 10-15 bucks. The wheel should spin freely, this helps prevent paint burn. This type are best used on paint that is already in good condition, no real cutting power.

6. Nov 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    tacoman101

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    Alright, thanks for all the info guys

7. Nov 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    if you do a good job on your taco ill let you do mine :)

Products Discussed in

To Top