Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

New Buffer/Polisher

Old 10-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
New Buffer/Polisher

My boss just gave me this Craftsmen Buffer/Polisher because it was just collecting dust in his barn. So I have some questions about this thing.
1. How much is it worth?
2. Is this the kind of buffer that can take your paint off of you don't use it right.
3. And what is its primary function (applying wax, getting rid of scratches, etc.)

Thanks ahead of time, here are some pics:

Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
Blue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the roughBlue Tango is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: NIS
Blue Tango's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it's a random orbital to me, which means it's safer than a rotary. A rotary just spins, a random orbital shakes the pad around and spins.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same one. I like to wax and remove the wax by hand and then buff with a lambs wool bonnet using the polisher. New, they were about 60 bucks. In the condition shown, at a yard sale 10-15 bucks. The wheel should spin freely, this helps prevent paint burn. This type are best used on paint that is already in good condition, no real cutting power.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
if you do a good job on your taco ill let you do mine