1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger Air Bag Cover Scratched

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by 4speedoverdrive, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Nov 10, 2009 at 4:44 PM
    4speedoverdrive

4speedoverdrive [OP] Member

Member:
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR Timberland Mica
    Tonneau Cover Radio, Nav
    I have both a 99 Tacoma and a 99 4Runner and this question actually about the 4Runner, but since the dashes appear to be the similar, I'm posting in this forum to see if I can get some advice/information. The passenger air bag cover on the 4Runner is scratched; the rest of the interior is in great shape. I think the previous owners passenger must have used the dash as a foot rest. The interior color is grey.

Searching around, it looks like the cover is separate from the actual air bag. I found a part on the Toyota parts site for an air bag door. There was no illustration. Does anyone know if this is in fact the passenger air bag cover? It sold for $138. I’ve also searched around the used parts forums and sites and I have not found a used cover.

I would prefer not to spend $138 on this. I called several auto parts stores looking for paint that would match the dash, with no success. Does anyone know if you can buy paint that matches the dash, if so where? The air bag cover appears to be painted, in that the original color scratches off, would there be any problem with repainting the cover?

Thanks,
    4spdod

Products Discussed in

To Top