Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Cleaning the truck with this FW1 cleaning wax?

Old 11-14-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
dee_bo is on a distinguished road
dee_bo's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaning the truck with this FW1 cleaning wax?

I bought this FW1 racing clean wax stuff while back but never used it on my old truck. Now getting a 2007 Tacoma...anyone have any advice on using this stuff?

Also, what do you use to detail the inside/dash?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have used it and am very happy about it. Does a great job and even repels dirt and break dust. works on windows too! no more nose prints from my dog.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
wmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nice
wmb67's Tacoma Gallery
I'd wash, clay bar, rewash, wax. I have no experience with that brand, but most cleaner waxes employ chemical cleaners to remove oxidation, sap, road grime, etc...while adding a protective layer of wax. Claybar first, then wax and it should be smooth as silk and look great. You'd be surprised at how much crap the clay bar will remove. I just detailed my truck for the winter, including clay bar, and I had tons of tar spots and sap... even though I clayed it 6 months ago. For the inside dash and plastics, I use Meguire's interior detail spray or Poorboys Natural Look(can be used on plastics, vinyl, leather and on interior or exterior) I apply the Poorboys with a microfiber applicator pad then wipe any excess with a microfiber towel to leave a non-greasy, non-shiny matte finish. wmb67