1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sap removal?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by dylandercole, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Nov 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    I park under a big oak tree at my house because my mom and dad take the spots away from the tree for the fallowing reason. I have white sap that drips from the tree on my car. little glops of it here and there. not a huge deal just wondering if anyone had any tricks to get it off of paint/windows. thanks

2. Nov 16, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    I have had to get a lot of sap off my truck over the years and have the following advise:

1. Do not let it harden, it becomes far more difficult to remove and runs a risk of scratching your paint up in the process.

2. If it is still soft the use cotton balls to wipe off as much of it as you can.

3. Mix equal parts mineral spirits and denatured alcohol and with cotton balls dab liberally on the remaining sap (hard or soft). I recommend wearing a rubber glove to avoid getting this stuff on your skin.

4. After it's soaked in use more cotton balls to wipe away any remaining sap. Repeat above step again and again until it's all gone.

5. Wash and wax the affected area. Spray wax works great.

Of course a better idea is to avoid getting wax on the truck in the 1st place. For your situation I guess a car cover would be the best answer - what a pain.

Best wishes.

3. Nov 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM
    Palmetto Pete

Palmetto Pete Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    In the Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2012 SSM TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    3M Paint Pro Film, OEM Bed Mat, Antenna X, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Foglight Anytime Mod, 8000k HIDs, BFG AT/KOs (265/70/17), Debadged, Ultra-Gauge, Leer 100XR
    Buy a car cover, that's what I did. You can get them anywhere from $50 - $500.

4. Nov 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    wow. thanks a lot. you have that down to a science. Id like to say id use the car cover.......but it just wouldnt happen. thanks a bunch though!

5. Nov 17, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    SURFTACO

SURFTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    3'' Lift: Bilstein 5100’s, SPC UCAs, All Pro 3” leaf packs, Bilstein 5125’s, Kenda 33X10.5R17 Tires Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover Cali Raised Ditch Lights Snorkel
    Yea, Car cover is a bit expensive. I have the same problem with SAP. I park away from those kinds of trees so i dont have to bother with removing that crap. Its annoying.

Products Discussed in

To Top