Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Herculining throughout this break

Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Herculining throughout this break

Okay so i got A lotta time on my hands this winter break, and i am going to attempt to herculine the undercarriage, itd be great if you guys could leave me tips... i got a question right off the bat, i sanded down the skid plate with 100 grit sandpaper, not all the way down to the bare metal.. should i grind it down till i see silver? or is that too much? how many coats should i apply? heres a pic with one coat... oh yeah and is it too late to reapply another coat if its been like a day already? sorry so many questions, but i am a noobie and love this stuff... haha i also need a tip on how to not ruin the brushes ive been using

you think this would look good? if i did the whole bottom?

lol my friends told me it was a shitty paintjob.. (pissed me off the point where i was driving irradictly on the highway) but shit i havent seen a truck on the island herculined.... i guess its a mainland thing? but damn i dig it i wanna show them up. those bastards
Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
Banned
alvto is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
alvto's Tacoma Gallery
dont always belive your friens thier just haters i tink its a killer idea.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should do your whole front bumper. Rear, too!

Contact tacomaman06. He'll be happy to help you.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
Banned
Air Force:
alvto's Tacoma Gallery
ps i forgot you can put more coats if u feel u should just clean it with some type of dirt wax and grease remover (prep solvent)
Old 12-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #5
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has recently done something similar. He also had the the bottom 8 inches bedlined. Like the bottom of the door and side and fenders and both bumpers. It looks pretty good to me.

If you like it, that should be all the motivation you need to do it.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 AM   #6
Banned
Air Force:
alvto's Tacoma Gallery
you mean the rocker panels??? j/k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
My friend has recently done something similar. He also had the the bottom 8 inches bedlined. Like the bottom of the door and side and fenders and both bumpers. It looks pretty good to me.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post

That advice should be to someone planning on keeping the thing until it dies.

If you have visions of ever trying to get someone to give you money in exchange for it, i would resist the urge.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
hey untamed do you think you could shoot me a pic of your friends truck? if not, its all good
Old 12-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #9
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Question. Won't doing that to the underside of your truck lead to moisture getting trapped between the coating and the metal resulting in rust?

It makes sense on the body panels, bumpers, and other stuff.. but the underbelly?

I know on the East coast there are places that do undercoating of vehicles so maybe it's OK? It just seems to me that if the job wasn't 100% spot on perfect you might run a risk of increased rusting.

Anyone know for sure?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
good point mountain, anyone know? O_O
Old 02-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #11
another question, has anyone spray painted their herculiner? mine is fading away and is starting to look like the regular fender flares.. will mothers back to black do the trick?