LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

I need help repairing deep scratches in my hood

Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #21
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
I have a Weatertech bug shield on my truck and love it. I think it keeps the leading edge of the hood from getting knciked up with rocks, and it seems to reduce bug guts all over my windhshied in the summer. I guess it's a matter of taste really.
you probablly only like it because your not having this problem. lol
Old 12-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #23
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Hey also with this should i be concerned about water on the chips and rust??
Its been raining quite a bit.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #25
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
alright because im still waiting for the toyota dealership to get the blue paint.
it will probablly get painted the day after i get the paint.

Ill post more pics and the process when i do.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #26
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 925swbTacoma View Post
So I got the sticky peices off with the ever so helpful "goo gone" and its not as bad as I thought. Only two major spots that neep touch up paint, and a slight scratch, the other areas could just use some clear coat and they'll be fine.

Any other suggestions on how to repair these??
The scratch can be removed. Do you have an random orbital or rotary buffer?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #27
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP, did you ever get these fixed? Pics? Thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #28
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
ya i ended up just getting color matched patint from toyota and doing 2 coats of that and one coat of clear. Its still a little noticeable but only if your looking for it.