1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best/Easiest Wax to Protect from Salt

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by red taco, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jan 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    red taco

red taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    La Verne, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Impulse Red Pearl
    I'm now living at the beach and the salt is just making my truck look like crap. I plan on using rain-x on the windows to help keep them a bit more clear. My question is what is the best and easiest to apply wax to help protect my paint for the salt and sand that is eating up my truck?

2. Jan 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    These three are my favorite spray waxes...you can't get any easier than spray and wipe. Protection lasts 2-3 months. You may find other waxes/sealants that last longer, but it's unlikely that they will apply and remove as easy as any of these. Since you are in Socal, it's never too cold to wax!

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax
    Duragloss Aquawax
    CSI Q-7 Spray Wax

We sell the CSI Q-7 Wax on our website and it is just $8.50 for a 16-ounce bottle.

[​IMG]

3. Jan 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    wmb67

wmb67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    09 Dbl Cab Off Road MGM
    +1 for the Duragloss Aquawax. The instructions advise you to spray on a wet vehicle, then buff dry. I like to apply the spray to an already dry vehicle and then buff off. I use Aquawax after every weekly wash. I also spray it on everything: paint, windows, plastic trim, rims.... I use it everywhere except for the tires. This is a great spray-on, wipe-off product that looks great, adds protection, and is very quick to use ( 6 minutes to do whole truck). To save some money, I purchase it by the gallon.

4. Jan 22, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    asus611

asus611 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab Prerunner
    I'm a huge fan of Meguiar's #20. It's been around a long time. Its a synthetic polymer and lasts very, very long. Outstanding paint protection, I use this on my daily drivers simply because its great protection, looks great (really, shiny), and very very easy to apply/take off. I do my truck and my girlfriends car once every 6 months, and am very pleased with the results.

5. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    If you want the best wax for protecting your paint, go with Collinite. Hands down, it'll protect best. 845 insulator wax is the liquid version, 476s is the paste version. 476 will be slightly more durable since its in paste form, however, it'll be just a little tougher to remove. Spray waxes wont protect very long. In fact, I'd put them in the lowest category. Paste>Liquid>Spray. Of course, you may get some overlapping of products in there.

Products Discussed in

To Top