Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

clay liquid question

Old 01-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
elchimpo is on a distinguished road
Name: Gustavo
elchimpo's Tacoma Gallery
clay liquid question

if i put half clay liquid and half distilled water will that effect the clay bar?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchimpo View Post
if i put half clay liquid and half distilled water will that effect the clay bar?
Clay liquid?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Just use detailing spray and be done with it. How goes it, Gary?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would stick to what the manufacturer says, like detailing spray.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
How goes it, Gary?
Mostly sideways...
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
I will assume that you are looking for an inexpensive clay lubricant. I have great results with distilled water and 3 to 4 drops of a liquid detergent in a spray bottle.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
I will assume that you are looking for an inexpensive clay lubricant. I have great results with distilled water and 3 to 4 drops of a liquid detergent in a spray bottle.
A quick detailer also works decent.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
A quick detailer also works decent.
Yup but it costs. Distilled water is inexpensive. I tend to use a lot fluids when claying my vehicles.

If a QD was less costly I would use it all the time because of the smell, I love em.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Yup but it costs. Distilled water is inexpensive. I tend to use a lot fluids when claying my vehicles.

If a QD was less costly I would use it all the time because of the smell, I love em.
I know what you mean...CSI Q-7 Detailer smells like bubble gum.

I can get you a good price on a 5-gallon pail of it.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
Quote:
what liquid detergent do you use?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #11
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what liquid detergent do you use?

Usually a car wash. I tend to use Zaino but Megs works just as well and is a lot less expensive. I have noticed that the plunger assembly on squirt bottles will wear out really fast using the water with car wash so I tend to use old QD spray bottles that I have lying around.

I ave also used a regular dish washing detergent like Dawn with no problems either.

I tend to use a lot of fluids when claying a car.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #12
Quote:
Usually a car wash. I tend to use Zaino but Megs works just as well and is a lot less expensive. I have noticed that the plunger assembly on squirt bottles will wear out really fast using the water with car wash so I tend to use old QD spray bottles that I have lying around.

I ave also used a regular dish washing detergent like Dawn with no problems either.

I tend to use a lot of fluids when claying a car.
what if i use car wash soap will that work as well
Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #13
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what if i use car wash soap will that work as well
Never tried it but I would say no. Pretty costly as well compared to a gallon of distilled water.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
Quote:
Never tried it but I would say no. Pretty costly as well compared to a gallon of distilled water.
ok can you tell me how much distilled water and liquid detergent you use
Old 02-04-2010, 01:11 AM   #15
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok can you tell me how much distilled water and liquid detergent you use
Fill your spray bottle with distilled water and add 4 drops of detergent/car wash. The spray bottle is usually 12 oz.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #16
Quote:
Fill your spray bottle with distilled water and add 4 drops of detergent/car wash. The spray bottle is usually 12 oz.
alright thanks for your help
Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
I know what you mean...CSI Q-7 Detailer smells like bubble gum.

I can get you a good price on a 5-gallon pail of it.
how much for the 5 gallon