Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Does anyone know of a good upholstery cleaner?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
soonerred22 is on a distinguished road
soonerred22's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know of a good upholstery cleaner?

I have an 06 with the unique honeycomb seats and dont know if there is a tried and true brand to use. Any suggestion will help.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
oxi-clean takes the waterspots and stains out of the seats of mine
Old 01-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
I use Amorall with oxy clean apholestry cleaner. Stuff works great
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
i think someone said once that they use a steam cleaner with good results.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Bissell Little Green steam cleaner that I use for the interior upholstery. I use a myriad of different cleaners depending on the stain. Dish soap and hot water works pretty darn good as well.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:28 AM   #6
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Theirs a lot of cleaners out there. I think I remember reading in a previous thread that some cleaners ended up leaving more of stain, so be careful. I would search for that thread. It had a lot of good info.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #7
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I used Woolite Oxyclean (I think thats what its called) and that stuff is amazing. The first month I had my truck my little brother vomitted all over my seats and it smelled and looked really bad. This stuff took it all out and left no stains or odors.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Back when I had cloth upholstered seats I would use Blue Coral foaming cleaner, works well and smells good. I would rub it in with a clean damp/wet white terry cloth. then come behind with another clean terry cloth.

I love my leather now cleans easy! Wipe it down with a damp terry cloth, condition, and I'm done

Another good trick that my girlfriend's dad showed me. He does auto interior repair and reconditioning for many of the local car dealers. he uses a 50/50 mix of denatured alcohol and water and a white terry cloth. The liquid lifts the stain to the surface and evaporates quickly leaving the dirt behind, then just wipe/rub it off with the terry cloth. My girlfriend's Xterra she used to have had the same type of fabric as the tacos. Alcohol water mixture worked well on those seats.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i actually use gunk foaming window cleaner on spots on carpet in my car/truck/house. works really well too, and doesnt discolor stuff.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerred22 View Post
I have an 06 with the unique honeycomb seats and dont know if there is a tried and true brand to use. Any suggestion will help.
I like Folex. Been using it for years on carpets and upholstery.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #13
Molōn labe!
choptop will become famous soon enough

Name: Scott
choptop's Tacoma Gallery
I've found that ordinary Windex takes out many upholstery stains really well- saturate the affected area and let it soak in 5-10 minutes. Blot it with a clean white cotton rag/towel and repeat if necessary. Once it dries you'll never know there was ever a stain. Learned this trick from an auto detailer.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfinch View Post
Tuff Stuff sold at walmart works really good
Agreed. I use that stuff to clean the panels, trim, etc. I also use it if I dont have any upholstery cleaner available.