Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

have you ever used a rug doctor

Old 01-31-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Question have you ever used a rug doctor

I was thinking of shampooing the interior of my tacoma and our other car and was just wondering if anyone here has used one of those rug doctor machines you can rent?? If you have did it do a good job or is worth it just take it in to a detail shop?? Also I dont want that damp smell you sometimes get when the carpets are shampooed and wondered if the rug doc will not leave a damp smell as its cold water extraction and not hot water extracted like at a detail shop. Thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Hoover Steamvac which is similar to a rug doctor. Same concept.

I have used it in vehicles before. If you dont want that damp smell you need to make sure that you go over it many times without spraying any water and suck up all the water you can out of the carpet.

Also a tip for better cleaning. I get the water boiling in a large pot on the stove then pour it in the machine. The hotter the water, the better.

Do it on a nice sunny day, leave all your windows down and let it air out outside. Or if you have a garage and some $10 box fans leave the doors open in the garage, have one fan blowing into the truck and another and the opposite side sucking the air out, that will give a good "crosswind" to dry it out. I do the box fans in the garage.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
scott504 will become famous soon enough
scott504's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a residential rug doctor for my home and it is by far the best extractor that I have used. You can use hot water if you choose. I think the only difference with the residential and the rental are size and a little more power from the rental.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased a Bissell steam vac a few years ago. Great investment. I use it whenever one of the dogs get car sick. We also steam vac our carpet every couple of months or so.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the help guys I think I will rent one and try it out