Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Pulling the Front Seats

Old 02-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
Scott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
Scott K's Tacoma Gallery
Pulling the Front Seats

I am want to pull the front seats (unbolt them, take them out of the vehicle) so I can give the carpet underneath a serious once over since the previous owner didn't seem to care what they put under the seats apparently. Now this truck has seat air bags if I'm not mistaken, so is there anything I need to do or know before I unbolt the seats to do this?Is there some kind of connector I need to undo or anything I need to watch for? Thanks...
Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Un-hook the battery and then when you are pulling the seat you should see the plug.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes, even my 08 double cab which does not have seat airbags has some electronics connected underneath. These are the electronics to the seat belt pressure sensors (it senses your weight then starts beeping if your belt is not on). You will see a clip where these can be released, then you will be able to take out your seats.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
"Don't touch it. Don't even look at it."
Byrd32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Byrd32's Tacoma Gallery
So, if wanted that annoying beeping to stop all i would have to do is unhook that clip!??
Old 02-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd32 View Post
So, if wanted that annoying beeping to stop all i would have to do is unhook that clip!??
Negitive. check out http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...er-cancel.html or http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lt-alarms.html
Old 02-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
"Don't touch it. Don't even look at it."
Byrd32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Byrd32's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Mondwa! It worked!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Undo the four bolts tilt seat back. Unplug the connectors being careful not to punch yourself in the eye! One of them was real stubborn. As was mentioned earlier disconnect the battery first.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #8

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd32 View Post
Thanks Mondwa! It worked!
Good deal , glad to help