Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Anyone use Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Paste wax?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Paste wax?

Just bought a can today of Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Paste Wax. Just wondering if any other TW members have any experience with this product. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Long Range Practical Marksman
ACE_Taco will become famous soon enoughACE_Taco will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Ordnance
ACE_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
NXT is a great sealant with a shine similar to a Carnuba. I use the liquid, but the paste you have is more durable. Hit that Taco with a Clay Bar after washing and drying, then the NXT. Good Choice.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
TacoBoss05 is on a distinguished road

Name: Julio
TacoBoss05's Tacoma Gallery
I have but in my personal opinion was not satisfied much
I use a hi speed buffer and use meguair's high tech yellow wax 26, though you have to be extremely careful using a high speed buffer because you can burn the paint
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Its not a bad over the counter wax. From what I've seen, most people are happy with it.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
Its not a bad over the counter wax. From what I've seen, most people are happy with it.
yeah you are right, it is a good product, I don't doubt it, I just like to go all out when waxing my truck, its just me
Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #6
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBoss05 View Post
yeah you are right, it is a good product, I don't doubt it, I just like to go all out when waxing my truck, its just me
I agree! After all, I did own a big detail biz/online store up until 2 months ago when I sold it
I'm looking forward to the first full detail I do on the truck when I get it back to NJ
Old 02-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
elchimpo is on a distinguished road
Name: Gustavo
elchimpo's Tacoma Gallery
I used it and im satisfied of the product
Old 02-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Just bought a can today of Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Paste Wax. Just wondering if any other TW members have any experience with this product. Thanks.
Yes good stuff... Click

Like TacoBoss I found meguair's high tech yellow wax 26 even better After a Coat of #26 the truck has a very deep shine, and feels smoother than the NXT although the NXT was easier to remove.. I did this by hand as I dont have a buffer
Yellow #26
Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Max View Post
Yes good stuff... Click

Like TacoBoss I found meguair's high tech yellow wax 26 even better After a Coat of #26 the truck has a very deep shine, and feels smoother than the NXT although the NXT was easier to remove.. I did this by hand as I dont have a buffer
Yellow #26
hey man I highly recomend you get one, I got mine a northern tool for like $65 and its so worth it, now I did not buy the orbital I bought the one (that looks like a grinder but is also used for waxing) buffer or I think its called a high speed buffer, anyhow you will know what I am talking about, it is so worth it, just be extremely careful when using it
Old 02-11-2010, 04:56 AM   #10

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
hey man I highly recomend you get one, I got mine a northern tool for like $65 and its so worth it, now I did not buy the orbital I bought the one (that looks like a grinder but is also used for waxing) buffer or I think its called a high speed buffer, anyhow you will know what I am talking about, it is so worth it, just be extremely careful when using it
If you're looking to purchase a machine to do any type of polishing or waxing, I highly recommend you look in to the Porter Cable 7424. Its a dual action / random orbital, so its a very safe machine to use, regardless of your skills.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks I will check it out!