Notices

Touch-Up Spray Paint

Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Long Range Practical Marksman
ACE_Taco will become famous soon enoughACE_Taco will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Ordnance
ACE_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Touch-Up Spray Paint

Anyone ever used this in BSP? I have a Chrome Bumper that I am going to prime and paint. I thought I would order two cans and see if it matches ok.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Just go with bedliner for the bumper
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
Just go with bedliner for the bumper

I have heard of that, but is this shit all rough looking?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering the same thing because I might have to buy some
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_Taco View Post
I have heard of that, but is this shit all rough looking?
I used Rustoleum truck bed coating from Walmart on my bumpers and it looks fine to me. It's got a really fine grit and has held up for me so far. Here's a couple pics.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #8
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
I used Rustoleum truck bed coating from Walmart on my bumpers and it looks fine to me. It's got a really fine grit and has held up for me so far. Here's a couple pics.

That's looks pretty nice bro.....
Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to know how this turns out! i hate my chrome bumper also!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
That does look pretty good. Does the Duplicolor Bed Liner have a less aggressive texture than Line-X??
Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post

I'm assuming that you did alittle sanding before you painted? Any adhesion promoter used?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaShasBoo View Post
I'm assuming that you did alittle sanding before you painted? Any adhesion promoter used?
I never had chrome bumpers to start with since it's not the SR5 but I would think with the chrome you would just have to scuff them up really good. I used a 3M paint removal wheel from Walmart and took them down to bare metal to get rid of all the paint that was peeling on mine. Then wiped them off with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any debris from the sanding and sprayed it. It seems to have adhered really well without adhesion promoter but spraying on top of the chrome might be different.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_Taco View Post
That does look pretty good. Does the Duplicolor Bed Liner have a less aggressive texture than Line-X??
Can't speak for the Duplicolor bed liner since I used Rustoleum truck bed coating but anything in a rattle can probably isn't going to have a texture that aggressive. I really like the Rustoleum though. The texture is like a fine grit and you don't need to have any painting skills to use it. I had never tried doing anything like that before and mine came out without any runs or spots.
It's not as thick as Line-X though. I would say its probably more durable than regular paint but if your going to be scraping against rocks then Line-X would be better.