Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Kit

Old 02-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
wstacolvr is on a distinguished road

wstacolvr's Tacoma Gallery
Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Kit

On my way home today, I picked up this clay kit from Mothers. Going to give it a try tomorrow...you know...to see how well it does on my truck.

Are there others who can vouch for this product? I'm kind of anxious to see the results.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely. Any time you clay the vehicle, you're going to see/feel some results. Especially if the vehicle has some age to it, sits outside 24/7 and has never been done before. After washing real well, go ahead and run the clay over the surface (use light to medium pressure), using a generous amount of lube. I like to rewash the vehicle after claying, but some will just use a quick detailer to clean off the surface. Then just throw on a coat of wax and you're good to go
Old 02-13-2010, 10:07 PM   #3

Thanks for your input.

I have an 02 Prerunner Dbl cab, blk prl in color. The truck and paint job are still in fantastic shape minus a few scratches and two small shopping cart dings (less than 1/2 the size of a dime)....so...I'm expecting a good result.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you know the clay bar won't remove those scratches and dings. It removes minor blemishes and paint contamination.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
Microtz is on a distinguished road
Microtz's Tacoma Gallery
Go online to production auto detailing products and get their clay bar with the ati static
for the clay lube this is realy good stuff I am a professional auto detailer and have been usin this stuff for years
Old 02-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #6

haha...yes....I'm aware that clay does not remove "dings". Thanks tho...for the advice.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
clay kits are awesome for paint.....really gives you a good surface to polish and wax.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
i've used both Mother's and Maguire's...both offered similar results. i think you get a wee-bit more clay with the Maguires, IIRC.

make sure to fold that clay often. don't make circles with it...go in straight lines, back & forth motion.

claying is sweet. i always fondle my truck after i'm through.

anyone use the Turtle Wax Liquid Clay? i'm interested to hear about it.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #9
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
big difference!

i used that same kit (mother's california gold) two weekends ago on my truck and it worked great! i'm pretty sure it was the first time it had been done -- what a difference!

unfortunately the smooth and clear shine only lasted about 12 hours because i took it up to the mountains to snowboard. such is life, i guess! but it's a great product!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
The mothers clay bar is awesome! I've like it better than the maguires. It seems to take off contaminants easier and faster. I've used both products side by side and the mothers is the one I would choose to buy when I need to clay my truck.