Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you remove swirl marks?

Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Tacomzz09 is on a distinguished road

Tacomzz09's Tacoma Gallery
How do you remove swirl marks?

I went in the garage and switched on the lights and looked at the paint and i saw LOTS of little streaks, my truck is Silver streak mica, and the reason why i bought it in this color is so that these marks wont be as noticeable than a dark coloured car, how do you remove these swirls, and by now im guessing it is normal for all cars?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
you need to polish them out with some swirl remover type polish then wax it and you'll be good
Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Tacomzz09 is on a distinguished road

Tacomzz09's Tacoma Gallery
so these swirls do come around once in a while? and for every car as well right? I swear my moms MGM Corolla has soo much swirls
Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
search this tread, I believe there is a solution in it http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...er-thread.html
Old 02-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomzz09 View Post
so these swirls do come around once in a while? and for every car as well right? I swear my moms MGM Corolla has soo much swirls
Automatic car washers are the worst for this. They never get the car totally clean, and them some kid appies what amounts to a sand paper rub to dry it.

You can always tell after a really short amount of time who uses the automatic car washes by the finish on their vehicle.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Visit http://www.autopia.org

Use a swirl remover polish. If your results aren't to your liking you may become addicted to the above website.

For prevention use the two bucket wash method or get a wash bucket with a tray built in that allows for grime and debris to fall out of your wash mit. Use a wash mitt that is either microfiber or wool. Good luck.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomzz09 View Post
I went in the garage and switched on the lights and looked at the paint and i saw LOTS of little streaks, my truck is Silver streak mica, and the reason why i bought it in this color is so that these marks wont be as noticeable than a dark coloured car, how do you remove these swirls, and by now im guessing it is normal for all cars?
Use a high-quality micro-abrasive polish, a buffer and a very soft pad.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBoy View Post
Spray the underwear's swirl marks with Shout or other similar product and then wash in hot water. Add a cup of bleach if the load is whites.
But make sure you take them off first......