1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird Color Scheme. Going crazy!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by I Liquid I, Feb 22, 2010.

?

What color scheme?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2010.
  1. Red and black

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  2. Orange and black

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Red and charcoal gray

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Orange and charcoal gray

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. All the options suck, get yourself a ricer, you don't deserve a Taco!

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    I Liquid I

I Liquid I [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DCLB, 17 Inferno TRD Offroad DCSB, 06 SW ACLB
    Too many mods to list
    First of all, hi. Been browsing these forums quite a bit but hadnt posted yet. Name is Gaddiel, at your service.

I have a Black Sand Pearl Crew Cab Long Bed. I have been planning to fix it up a bit since I bought it used and the previous owner wasn't too good to it.

Id try to share photos but my camera is nowhere to be found, so please imagine the following.

Im going to use the Satoshi Grill mod with Perforated Mesh, the round one, not the usual diamond one. Probably will paint black, and might as well paint the Grill itself black. Well see though, since im growing to like the chrome Grill... Yes, I know im crazy.

Anyhow, im also going to be painting my calipers as well as my stock wheels. This is where I need help.

Im either going to Paint the calipers Red or Orange. That color will also be going on the Lip of the wheels which will be charcoal gray or black. Im probably going to use the same color I use on the calipers and rims for the stitching that I want on the leather seats that I will order, which will be black.

So to sum up this huge post thats too long to read.

Red or Orange on the Calipers and Lip of wheel?
    Black or Charcoal gray for the wheels?

Been going crazy for the past 2 weeks... so any photos or well deserved, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! are well appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :D

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    Oh and BTW, im asking in the detailing forums, because I imagine that the people here are the ones that probably have looked at more color schemes. :rolleyes:

3. Feb 22, 2010 at 1:52 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Welcome to TW bud :wave:

I voted for red on black...I think that looks mean! I'm gonna paint my Caliper red when I change out my front brakes in a month or so

Good luck :thumbsup:

4. Feb 22, 2010 at 1:56 AM
    HBtacoma

HBtacoma SoCal Tacomas

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    Huntington Beach
    || Deep Black Custom Paint By DUPONT FINISHES w/ Custom Airbrush Artwork || RCD 4.5 Inch Lift Kit || 20x10 Black XD Monster Wheels w/ Toyo MT 33x12.5x20 Tires || SATOSHI Grill || URD TCAI || Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust || Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/ Bluetooth and Ipod || JL Audio 500/1 and 12" Kicker Sub || FJ 60 Toyota Emblem Painted Red || Black Custom Leather Interior w/graphite perforated body w/Red Double Stiching and TRD Logo || Leather Arm Rest Mod || T-REX Angry Eyelids || 20% Tinted Windows || Black Altezza Taillights || BHLM Headlights || LED Dome Light || LED Map Lights || HID 35w 6000k || Yellow Tinted Fogs || Nokya 2500k_55w Fog Lights || Painted Engine Cover || Bed Extender || Epic Indust. Bed Bar w/Fog Lamps Tinted Yellow ||
    personally, i would paint the wheels Ultra Flat Black from Krylon. then the other stuff red. u can even pop out the little toyo sign and paint red like i did for my buddy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Feb 22, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    Ese Loco

Ese Loco Taco Man Sam

Member:
    Vero Beach, FL / Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 V6 6-speed
    Legal Florida Tint all-around, 1.5" add-a-leaf, bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Light Racing Coilovers, Removed secondary air filter, K&N airfilter, Amsoil 100% synthetic motor oil, Amsoil synthetic severe gear in rear differential, Differential breather mod, Painted rims and logo's black, amsoil oil filter
    how did you pop the toyota signs out of the caps?

6. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    Thx for the great input. The red seems like a pretty good choice. Actually, I was buying a couple things at the shop today and while thinking about the mods that im going to be doing and seeing the colors available, I definetely though that red would be better.As for the wheel color itself, im sort of leaning towards the charcoal gray from Duplicolor. I think the Black, Charcoal Gray and Red combination will look pretty awesome and not be overwhelming or underwhelming by being flat.

When I got home today I started working on the interiors. Painted the radio console, AC console, and the center vents area as well as the center console and cups. Painted them Duplicolor Vinyl Black. Im not loving the paint, but its looking ok.

Now im wondering what I can paint inside red that will look good and not cheesy... Just a detail or so apart from the stitching...

Oh well. Thx for the input anyway, I looked at your build and its awesome BTW. :D

7. Feb 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    HBtacoma

HBtacoma SoCal Tacomas

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    Huntington Beach
    || Deep Black Custom Paint By DUPONT FINISHES w/ Custom Airbrush Artwork || RCD 4.5 Inch Lift Kit || 20x10 Black XD Monster Wheels w/ Toyo MT 33x12.5x20 Tires || SATOSHI Grill || URD TCAI || Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust || Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/ Bluetooth and Ipod || JL Audio 500/1 and 12" Kicker Sub || FJ 60 Toyota Emblem Painted Red || Black Custom Leather Interior w/graphite perforated body w/Red Double Stiching and TRD Logo || Leather Arm Rest Mod || T-REX Angry Eyelids || 20% Tinted Windows || Black Altezza Taillights || BHLM Headlights || LED Dome Light || LED Map Lights || HID 35w 6000k || Yellow Tinted Fogs || Nokya 2500k_55w Fog Lights || Painted Engine Cover || Bed Extender || Epic Indust. Bed Bar w/Fog Lamps Tinted Yellow ||
    just pinch the "V" inside and the emblem pops off easily.

sounds good, thanks!

8. Feb 23, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    SURFTACO

SURFTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT
    3'' Lift: Bilstein 5100’s, SPC UCAs, All Pro 3” leaf packs, Bilstein 5125’s, Kenda 33X10.5R17 Tires Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover Cali Raised Ditch Lights Snorkel
  9. Mar 6, 2010 at 9:09 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Go with red definately! And black wheels will look great! You can't go wrong with that combo, but im partial to it because its my school colors!

10. Mar 6, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    paint the wheels semi gloss black with a red lip, and red calipers, all black satoshi and then paint the "lip" or the "dish" of the satoshi red.

glad i could help :D

11. Mar 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    Thanks all for the suggestions. While thinking about your suggestions and some other ideas I had, I got a bit of a brainstorm and now im going to do a couple things differently but in a similar color scheme. Im going to change my wheels to 4runner 18s though, so even if I paint these, they will get changed shortly. Only problem being that the freaking rims cost about 900... which is more than I hoped for. But oh well...

In the rest of the truck, the ideas yall gave really helped me define what I want to color and what I want to leave as is though.

So thanks very much!

12. Mar 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I didn't vote for any options because honestly they all sounded very rice-ish. I suggest dipping the entire truck in rhino lining.

13. Mar 7, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    Yeah, im trying to hold off a bit on some things and help it not look very "rice-ish". With the setup im going to use now, it should look fine and rough, rather than riceish, which is perfect, since this is my work truck.

This is what its going to be, sorry for no pictures.

BSP Double Cab Long Bed with:

- Homemade Grillcraft in perforated mesh. Going to do lower tab as well. Will be Black or Chrome once I see it installed and decide.

- 4 Runner 18 wheels with all terrain tires.

- Red painted calipers.

- Its tinted to 25%

- The back was debadged and will be intalling a TRD custom badge.

- Black rear bumper.

- Dual Exhaust tip, not to be confused with dual exhaust.

- Black nerf bars or running boards, tube style.

- Roof rack.

- Hard Metal roll type tonneau.

The performance mods werent listed, since im only listing looks in this part.

Sounds riceish, but when you look at it, its not. Its just not the same all blacked out Taco that everyone has.

14. Mar 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    RedTaco2134

RedTaco2134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Long Bed TRD Sport
    295/70/17 Cooper STT Pro, Revtek 3" lift. TSB rear and Blistein 5100's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097063

Products Discussed in

To Top