Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Best Car Wash Soap

Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
scott504 will become famous soon enough
scott504's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
I don't think its the worst thing you can use (I bet Comet or Lime-Away would be worse ), but it will take the wax off.

Last I checked Zaino actually recommends using Dawn to wash your vehicle before applying their paint protectant to make sure everything is stripped off. So its pretty harsh.
Yep, I actually use Dawn before I machine polish and vehicle. Claying will also remove any wax on the paint.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #22
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
If I am going to wax my truck I will wash it with Meguiars Deep Crystal wash, then dawn, then Meguiars again. Once dry, I then wax-a-mofo.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #23
Bagua is on a distinguished road
Bagua's Tacoma Gallery
Great suggestions, keep em coming.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #24
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott504 View Post
I hope your kidding because dish liquid is the worst thing you can use, it strips any wax off the paint.
That's why I use the wax and dry whenever I dry my truck off...Also wax my truck every year.

But sometimes I just use the coral wash blue car wash.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #25
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Mcquires Gold Class is the best off the shelf shampoo that I have found

The best to order is Zaino, but you can only order it and its kind of expensive for the amount that you get

Justin
Old 02-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #26
2003 TRD Man is on a distinguished road

Name: John
2003 TRD Man's Tacoma Gallery
[B]Turtle Wax Ice Wash/B]
Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #27
fatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shedfatty ac1d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
fatty ac1d's Tacoma Gallery
Zaino.

I've been using Zaino products exclusively for the last 3 or so years. The first time I stripped my old wax and used Zaino's process, I never looked back. Their products are easy to work and the results are incredible!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #28
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman View Post
Yo Snob,

You've heard wrong, nothing in the pre-mixed washer fluid that will harm a set of blades.

i have been using the rainx washer fluid for as long as it's been on the market and never have the blade become brittle because of its use.

i clean mine pretty often, i work close to a paper mill and the particulate that is in the air coats everything depending on the wind direction.

oh, and i use Blue Coral car wash
http://www.bluecoral.com/history.asp

cadman
I didn't mean the windshielf washer stuff. I am talking about the stuff you rub onto the glass to make the rain bead up. better watch the paper mill fallout that flyash has been known to eat right though the paint.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #29
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I didn't mean the windshielf washer stuff. I am talking about the stuff you rub onto the glass to make the rain bead up. better watch the paper mill fallout that flyash has been known to eat right though the paint.
Ive used that stuff. Its awesome because on the freeway you dont even need the wipers in a storm. I did not notice my blades drying out.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #30
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDKenE View Post
Mothers or Meguairs...Ive always been told not use dishsoap b/c it can take the wax off
x2
Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #32
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty ac1d View Post
Zaino.

I've been using Zaino products exclusively for the last 3 or so years. The first time I stripped my old wax and used Zaino's process, I never looked back. Their products are easy to work and the results are incredible!
x2

the fusion stuff is AWESOME for taking out minor scratches by hand

Justin
Old 02-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #33
Hoyt and Tacoma for life!!
FoxTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Joshua
FoxTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mcquires Gold Class is the best soap I have found. It leaves the paint, windows, rims, headlights, grille...looking amazingly clean. It smells great too!

My roommate uses dish soap on his Dodge SRT-10 and i have told him countless times not to use it and he doesnt believe me. Im going to show him this thread to prove Im not crazy!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #34
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I have heard rain x (the windshield stuff) will make the rubber on your wipers turn hard and brittle. Can you please verify if you think this is true.
I've been using for a few months now. I haven't seen any of that ( just went outside to look for ya).
Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #35
jasalvas is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jasalvas's Tacoma Gallery
Was always happy with Rain X... Shampoo sounds interesting...
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #36
jasalvas is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jasalvas's Tacoma Gallery
Think Ill give it a test run on the wifes rig.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #37
1 big skeeter has a spectacular aura about1 big skeeter has a spectacular aura about

1 big skeeter's Tacoma Gallery
Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #38
Bagua is on a distinguished road
Bagua's Tacoma Gallery
Wow lot of good suggestions, I may go broke trying these all.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #39
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Armor All Ultra Shine.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #40
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
ARDEX is the only thing that touches my baby. This stuff is used by most detailing shops in the US. Not only it works great but it smells good to.