Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Best Car Wash Soap

Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Bagua is on a distinguished road
Bagua's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Best Car Wash Soap

Everyone Chime in on what soap,shampoo and or Car Wash you use. Why you like it and please no flames. We all use a certain product and they tend to be a personal preference. I'm asking because I want to see what else is out there other than the usual products. Plus I'm bored right now and when the weather gets a little nicer I want to try some new products.

Currently using the Zymol both the Clear and the regular Car Wash.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I am a tightwad, I usually go to autozone and buy whatever is a good deal. I kind of like that stuff that is supposed to be spot free it helpas but doesn't eliminate spots entirely.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
RainX puts out a pretty good car wash product. That's really all I've been using. Good thread. I want to see what's out there.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I use this...And it smells great...LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Best Car Wash Soap-thumb_8586_16030181-20image-20dawn-20dishwashing-20liquid-20antibacterial-20hand-20soap-20apple.jpg  
Old 02-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
Mothers or Meguairs...Ive always been told not use dishsoap b/c it can take the wax off
Old 02-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Bagua is on a distinguished road
Bagua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post

Ha!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
lopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud of

lopedogg's Tacoma Gallery
Defiantly Dawn!!..... with degreaser of course.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Super Slick n Suds from Poorboys.

And I would advise against dawn on a regular basis. It can prematurely dry out moldings/trim. On top of that, it strips any wax that you have on the surface, leaving the vehicle unprotected from UV and environmental fallout.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I used to use the Zymol Soap, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I now just hit the drive through car wash.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:19 AM   #10
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Question rainx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURFTACO View Post
RainX puts out a pretty good car wash product. That's really all I've been using. Good thread. I want to see what's out there.
I have heard rain x (the windshield stuff) will make the rubber on your wipers turn hard and brittle. Can you please verify if you think this is true.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #11
Chewbacca ate my cereal.
Wing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: SSGT 2A373
Name: Grant
Wing's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...er-thread.html

Go here for the best info on detailing you ride.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #12
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
I use baby shampoo. I never let my truck get too dirty, so I don't need super-cleaning power. I'd rather have something gentle and since baby shampoo is PH balanced it is less likely to strip wax off.

Before I switched to baby shampoo, I used Turtle Wax Zip Wax Car Wash and was pretty happy with it.

When there's been no rain, I don't even wash my truck. I use a California Car Duster daily and use a quick detailer once a week or so to touch it up. My truck is perfectly clean every day, I save time, and I save a ton of water. However, I wouldn't recommend this method unless your truck is garaged and has a good coat of wax on it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #13
scott504 will become famous soon enough
scott504's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
I hope your kidding because dish liquid is the worst thing you can use, it strips any wax off the paint.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #14
cadman is just really nicecadman is just really nicecadman is just really nicecadman is just really nice

cadman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to cadman
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I have heard rain x (the windshield stuff) will make the rubber on your wipers turn hard and brittle. Can you please verify if you think this is true.
Yo Snob,

You've heard wrong, nothing in the pre-mixed washer fluid that will harm a set of blades.

i have been using the rainx washer fluid for as long as it's been on the market and never have the blade become brittle because of its use.

i clean mine pretty often, i work close to a paper mill and the particulate that is in the air coats everything depending on the wind direction.

oh, and i use Blue Coral car wash
http://www.bluecoral.com/history.asp

cadman
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #15
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott504 View Post
I hope your kidding because dish liquid is the worst thing you can use, it strips any wax off the paint.
I dont know if this is true. My buddy owns a Toyota T100 and he has been washing that thing with plain ol' dawn soap for probably 10 years. Looks great. Shines real nice too.

I however use Armor-All Wash and Wax. Or Turtle Wash/Zip-Wax
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #16
intense is on a distinguished road

Army: 82nd Airborne / Ranger
intense's Tacoma Gallery
Dishwash will put your wax in your driveway. Turtle Wax Ice Wash, when it gets washed which ain't very often and Mothers Cleaner / Wax.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #17
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
no never had it happen to me
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
DBZ 2010 is on a distinguished road

DBZ 2010's Tacoma Gallery
I use Zep-O-Shine from Zep Products on my Taco and on my work truck.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #19
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
Using shampoo puts oil back into the paint to prevent dulling, and makes good suds and shines good also.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #20
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott504 View Post
I don't think its the worst thing you can use (I bet Comet or Lime-Away would be worse ), but it will take the wax off.

Last I checked Zaino actually recommends using Dawn to wash your vehicle before applying their paint protectant to make sure everything is stripped off. So its pretty harsh.