Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Who uses Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Wax?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
2003 TRD Man is on a distinguished road

Name: John
2003 TRD Man's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Who uses Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Wax?

I would like to know who likes turtle wax ice liquid wax and why they do.

I want their Likes and Dislikes of this product.

I have used it,it seams to work good,removes very easy,doesn't leave any white residue, especially on emblems,or any flat black surfaces like near wheel well housing.

My only dislike is that it never drys,even after 30 min. Thanks Guys!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
Yeah
willard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud of
Name: Luke
willard417's Tacoma Gallery
i use the dash cleaner and i love it. it's not slippery and it smells nice and cleans very well.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 AM   #3
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I use it and love it. I know there are much better products out there, but for ease of use and that it doesn't leave any residue, I have no problem reapplying it every 3-4 months. Try using the hard paste if you prefer that it dries off before you buff. I love the spray detailer too.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
It never does seem to dry does it
I have used the detail spray for the last year and really like it. I used the wax for the first time a few days ago after using the Ice clay bar kit. I have to say, Turtle Wax as come a long way in the last few years. I have been using Meguiar's, Mothers and Wax Shop products for the last 37 years, I am hooked on the Turtle Wax Ice product line, especially the detail spray.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:33 AM   #5
intense is on a distinguished road

Army: 82nd Airborne / Ranger
intense's Tacoma Gallery
I used to use but next wash it comes off, do use the soap it's great. Mothers wax / cleaner is the paste can is the $hit do small section and get it off quick will be amazed, if it dries to long you'll play hell.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
bmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to behold

bmgreene's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using it on my truck for a few months now. I picked it after seeing a writeup that said it lasts a long time and that it doesn't mess up trim. Since I street-park the truck, usually under a tree I wanted something slick and durable to protect from the year-round bird presence.

I haven't strained it too hard so far, but it seems pretty hardy and it's definitely the easiest to apply that i've ever used (even easier than spray wax) and quickest since you don't need to be careful where it gets put on (I still try to keep it off the glass and lenses), which with the black trim and bed rails on the truck is a very nice feature. I can so the whole taco in a fraction of the time it takes to do my RX8 with either paste or cream.

I'm sticking with carnauba for my mazda since I garage it and I like the wetter look on the sports car, but for the truck it's far more functional to use a polymer and the ease/quickness of application is a definite plus. That's not to imply that the ice doesn't look good as well, but with the MGM on the truck, the shine isn't particularly dramatic (maybe it's just that with a 4-month old truck just the clearcoat is still pretty pristine so the before/after are pretty similar), but if this stuff works as well as I hope eveything will still look like that in 5 years.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
I use it. Love it. Can do the entire truck in less than 20 minutes and seems to keep beading water for a couple of months.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 TRD Man View Post
I would like to know who likes turtle wax ice liquid wax and why they do.

I want their Likes and Dislikes of this product.

I have used it,it seams to work good,removes very easy,doesn't leave any white residue, especially on emblems,or any flat black surfaces like near wheel well housing.

My only dislike is that it never drys,even after 30 min. Thanks Guys!!!!
Just started using it for the ease of application. I used the Ice liquid synthetic wax, not sure of the difference beteween that, the spray detailer, the liquid polish and the paste polish. Web site doesn't explaine dthe differences very well. I basically spray it on , wipe with rag, minor buff with dry rag, good to go. It seems to dry real fast, as if I don't even need the dry buff rag.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
DBZ 2010 is on a distinguished road

DBZ 2010's Tacoma Gallery
easy stuff, on easy and off easy. But your right sometimes it just doesn't dry up after application. What's up with that. But, I still like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Who uses Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Wax?-2010-tacoma-3.jpg  
Old 03-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ 2010 View Post
easy stuff, on easy and off easy. But your right sometimes it just doesn't dry up after application. What's up with that. But, I still like it.
Nice license plate
Old 04-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
tootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Todd
tootall's Tacoma Gallery
picked up the ice car wash and ice liquid wax yesterday after seeing good results in this thread. I couldn't be happier with the results and the ease of application. I did it in direct sun at about 85 degrees and had no issues.

Although when I went out this morning I had a nice thick layer of pollen all over my truck! Grabbed a towel and got that mess off there while whispering sweet nothings into the trucks rear-view mirrors
Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
sk205 is on a distinguished road
sk205's Tacoma Gallery
I did my truck a few weeks ago with Ice to help protect the finish from bugs, pollen and tree sap. Went on great, waxed nose to rear bumper, except for the tires and glass in no time at all. My bed was already getting green gunk... washed it well and used Ice on the bed also. Granted, my 2010 is pretty much new ground, but the fresh application of Ice really made it look great. Cleaning bugs and crap of the grill area is a snap after i used Ice on it
Old 05-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
I apply it every time I wash my Taco. Holds up great.