LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

detailing thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #21
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars soap and polish, and microfiber cloths are the only things I use. I have a friend that shows his corvette so I asked him what he liked. He uses meguiars and said that a lot of the people at the car shows in this area use Meguiars. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for me.

The clay bar scares me. Clay is an abrasive and will eventually wear away the clearcoat. It's probably not an issue for someone who keeps a vehicle a few years but I'll probably have this truck for 15+ years. I'll pass on a perfect mirror finish in the name of longevity.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:20 AM   #22
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm too lazy to do anything but wash mine ever 2 or 3 months. hey tacomaman, i'm gonna head up you're way and sit in your driveway and drink beer and hit on your wife while you claybar, polish, wax and wash my truck for me. sound good?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #23
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone ever used a California car duster? It's perfect for keeping your truck clean when its not dirty enough for a full wash. I use it on my camaro all the time.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #24
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
I'm too lazy to do anything but wash mine ever 2 or 3 months. hey tacomaman, i'm gonna head up you're way and sit in your driveway and drink beer and hit on your wife while you claybar, polish, wax and wash my truck for me. sound good?
keep on dreaming man.........i aint waxing your truck.....hitting on the wifey and drinking beer, sounds good to me!!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
keep on dreaming man.........i aint waxing your truck.....hitting on the wifey and drinking beer, sounds good to me!!
damn it, why doesn't anyone want to wax and polish my truck for free?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #26
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just to let whoever cares know......when i said detailing thread......i actually meant a detailing section.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #27
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
Has anyone ever used a California car duster? It's perfect for keeping your truck clean when its not dirty enough for a full wash. I use it on my camaro all the time.
Yea, my dad has one and he loves it. I was going back and forth on getting one.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #28
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just to let whoever cares know......when i said detailing thread......i actually meant a detailing section.
Nd is always interested in "de tail"
Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #29
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
After I wash my baby, I dry her with Armourall Wax and Dry. I still wax it every two months but this is great in between.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Nd is always interested in "de tail"
.....yup!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #31

Quote:
tell ya what, since im a nice redneck.............you buy the stuff(wash,wax,polish and claybar) and i'll do it one time for ya. then you are on your on bro!! i reckon i gotta show ya how its done(and down alotta beers in the process)!!! gotta keep your truck looking good man!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #33

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
tell ya what, since im a nice redneck.............you buy the stuff(wash,wax,polish and claybar) and i'll do it one time for ya. then you are on your on bro!! i reckon i gotta show ya how its done(and down alotta beers in the process)!!! gotta keep your truck looking good man!!
alright, i may take you up on that sometime in the near future. but since i'm also a nice redneck i'll do my part and pay for the beer and jager. i have a feeling we'll start off good then by the end of it we'll be missing whole body panels and have to keep going over the places where we threw up on it!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #34

Quote:
alright, i may take you up on that sometime in the near future. but since i'm also a nice redneck i'll do my part and pay for the beer and jager. i have a feeling we'll start off good then by the end of it we'll be missing whole body panels and have to keep going over the places where we threw up on it!
i try hard not to throw up good jager and beer...........its alcohol abuse man!!!

i actually think i'd finish your truck before i started getting hammered though......just so i can say "damn that looks good"!!! i dont like being half assed in anything im working on!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #35

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i try hard not to throw up good jager and beer...........its alcohol abuse man!!!

i actually think i'd finish your truck before i started getting hammered though......just so i can say "damn that looks good"!!! i dont like being half assed in anything im working on!!!
i'm pretty much half assed with everything i work on
Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #36
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I just got done washing my truck and wow is it scratched up, strictly road wear. I haven't gone off road, at this rate in another year it's gets a paint job
Old 04-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #37
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Come on up, I'll shine it up 'til HELL won't have it, and laugh at you when my wife turns you down and makes you feel like troll... just like me.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #38
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Try out the California water blade or whatever they are calling them at walmart. I used it on my chevelle for years. It drys it imediately then I pass a shammy around the mirrors to catch the drips. It makes your glass look good no spots. I had an 02 tacoma black, never put a scratch on her.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Try out the California water blade or whatever they are calling them at walmart. I used it on my chevelle for years. It drys it imediately then I pass a shammy around the mirrors to catch the drips. It makes your glass look good no spots. I had an 02 tacoma black, never put a scratch on her.
yeah...the water blades are really good too. i had one at one point.....got done drying my truck....left it on the roof(forgot about it), then took off to wal-mart......lost the damn thing somewhere in between. i'll get another pretty soon.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Whats a 'claybar' u all speak of?
i must have overlooked your post man.....sorry.

a clay bar is well, a bar of clay that you use,with basically spray detailer(or car wash soap) that removes contaminents from your paint, and preps the paint really good for your polish and wax. it can be a bit abrasive...but thats where good coats of polish and wax come in.