Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

detailing thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
detailing thread

anyone ever thought about us having a detailing thread?? seems like a good idea!!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Last saturday i washed my car, and i was wondering the same, we should exchange tips on the tacos care.....
Old 04-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Last saturday i washed my car, and i was wondering the same, we should exchange tips on the tacos care.....
i agree. hopefully, bob will see fit also.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's a good idea.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Why not...

Today I debadged thanks to this Forum, I had the knowledge and the guts to do it myself, and not let a detail shop rip me off. Cant wait to wash & wax the truck and show some pics...
Old 04-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Why not...

Today I debadged thanks to this Forum, I had the knowledge and the guts to do it myself, and not let a detail shop rip me off. Cant wait to wash & wax the truck and show some pics...
i gotta wash,claybar,polish and wax my truck real soon. damned water restrictions!!! i think im gonna wait till all the pollen is gone though.....getting kinda tired of yellow streaks all over the place after the morning dew has set.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i washed saturday, bought some turtle wax shampoo, and microfiber cloths... those work great, when i got the truck i have them put tflon in the painting, now its very easy to wipe all the dust off....
Old 04-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #8

Quote:
i washed saturday, bought some turtle wax shampoo, and microfiber cloths... those work great, when i got the truck i have them put tflon in the painting, now its very easy to wipe all the dust off....
you will probably want to claybar at least a couple times a year, and polish and wax a little more than that. it'll keep the paint good and smooth/shiny. microfiber works wonders.....i use it all the time. wont scratch paint either.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you will probably want to claybar at least a couple times a year, and polish and wax a little more than that. it'll keep the paint good and smooth/shiny. microfiber works wonders.....i use it all the time. wont scratch paint either.
yea, i plan on waxing in a month or so, dont know if that would interfere with the teflon? the best sometimes is doing it yourself... my last car i used to take it to the automatica car wash, it ended scratching the paint a lot..... adding that nobody loves more your truck then you do
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
You guys can practice on mine
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
You guys can practice on mine
LOL you would like that don't ya? maybe i can try my new spike polishing machine on your truck, leaves a very cool pattern on the paint
Old 04-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL you would like that don't ya? maybe i can try my new spike polishing machine on your truck, leaves a very cool pattern on the paint
Sure why not might enhance the wheelbarrow scares and the scratches and dents from the local grocery store parking lot. Soon I am going to wash and wax it 'til hell won't have it
Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #13
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea!

Getting ideas on how to keep my taco looking like a charm would be awesome. All that I have been doing so far.. is wash her once a week
with a microfiber sponge mit & Meguiars soap.,..and of course dry with a shammy.

Need to Wax soon...But need to research and do it right!

A thread like this would be VERY helpful!

Tires?? How do I clean my tires??? I never seem to get that 'grime' off!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
I use a scrub brush and wash soap, it seems to work well.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Great idea!

I use soap and a brush, then armor all....
Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Great idea!

Getting ideas on how to keep my taco looking like a charm would be awesome. All that I have been doing so far.. is wash her once a week
with a microfiber sponge mit & Meguiars soap.,..and of course dry with a shammy.

Need to Wax soon...But need to research and do it right!

A thread like this would be VERY helpful!

to keep the paint looking really awesome and clean.......wash,claybar,polish then wax. meguiars and mothers are some great products you can get locally......duragloss is awesome, and i havent tried zaino ever(you have to orer it online)...but i've heard its the stuff.

as for cleaning tires.....i always use eagle one all wheel cleaner on my whels, and use greased lightning and a scrub brush on my tires....then shine them with meguiars high endurance tire shine.....awesome stuff!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
i think my truck looks better when its dirty. but i love to wash it
Old 04-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
I have found the best thing to dry your truck is The Absorber instead of a shammy. The absorber is soft and scratch free like a shammy but easier to work with than the shammy. It leaves the truck streak free and it is much easier to ring out than the shammy. You can dry the truck in half the time.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Cypert View Post
I have found the best thing to dry your truck is The Absorber instead of a shammy. The absorber is soft and scratch free like a shammy but easier to work with than the shammy. It leaves the truck streak free and it is much easier to ring out than the shammy. You can dry the truck in half the time.
i use one too.....it is awesome for cutting drying time in half!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #20
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a 'claybar' u all speak of?