Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

mothers powerball for paint

Old 04-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
Luc is on a distinguished road

Luc's Tacoma Gallery
mothers powerball for paint

Has anyone ever used one of these? I was thinking of giving it a try but a little nervous about hitting the paint with the drill head.
https://store.mothers.com/product_in...roducts_id=136
Old 04-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
sslongmuir is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Enginering
sslongmuir's Tacoma Gallery
I used it on my bike but they make a special one for paint. 19.99 @ walmart. i just looked for something to do my pipes with but run it slow as they shred quite easily
Old 04-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
orangebutte will become famous soon enough
orangebutte's Tacoma Gallery
powerball

I purchased a POWERBALL this past Friday and waxed 2 vehicles Sat/Sun. Worked like a charm. I used a low speed on my drill and let the POWERBALL do the work. I applied minimal pressure to the vehicle panels and didn't have any problems. Saved me a lot of shoulder work removing wax by hand. Purchased mine at Auto Zone for approx. $25.00.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
A buffer will yield better, and safer results.

I use a PowerBall Mini on aluminum wheels, but I wouldn't use something like that on my paint.

If wax is hard to remove then that means that you probably applied it too thick, or you applied it to hot paint. A mist of quick detail spray will make the wax easier to wipe off. I always remove polish and wax by hand with a soft microfiber towel.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
SunnyG is on a distinguished road
SunnyG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
A buffer will yield better, and safer results.

I use a PowerBall Mini on aluminum wheels, but I wouldn't use something like that on my paint.

If wax is hard to remove then that means that you probably applied it too thick, or you applied it to hot paint. A mist of quick detail spray will make the wax easier to wipe off. I always remove polish and wax by hand with a soft microfiber towel.
X2 (by hand). If you put the layer on as thin as you are supposed to then by hand is the best way to do it. If you layer it on thick you are wasting wax, time, and energy. I have a random orbital buffer (cheap simonize one) but don't like it much.