cleaning windows

Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
aka Tg
t33gee is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to t33gee
cleaning windows

i hate it, i suck at it, always leave streaks or swirls. just thought i would share.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Well, if your not too anal about it, try some newspaper. Works real well.

Also, get yourself some ammonia free glass cleaner. The reason windows sucks is that after a few wipes your cleaning surface gets dirty and then you just smear the stuff around. Fold your towel/paper into a square and use each side once. When all sides are down (folding the towel over on itself to reveal a new side) grab a new towel.

Hope that helps you out.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
Well, if your not too anal about it, try some newspaper. Works real well.

Also, get yourself some ammonia free glass cleaner. The reason windows sucks is that after a few wipes your cleaning surface gets dirty and then you just smear the stuff around. Fold your towel/paper into a square and use each side once. When all sides are down (folding the towel over on itself to reveal a new side) grab a new towel.

Hope that helps you out.
x2 for the newspaper, works wonders.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Steven
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
i go over my truck with a micro fiber clothe after washing it, using a detailer wax, and do the windows and mirrors as well. Cleans nice, and gives you a rain-x effect.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Invisible Glass is good stuff!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
ScubaCougr is on a distinguished road
ScubaCougr's Tacoma Gallery
Streaks/swirls means your cleaner isn't cutting it. The inside of the windshield is particularly difficult...don't know what that haze is but it's tough to remove.

Try Stoner Invisible Glass (Found mine at Lowes) and a clean paper towel or better yet a fresh microfiber. You might have to go over it a couple times at first to get all the buildup.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
i want to know what people have used for water spots on windows????? not windex or invisible glass i mean like polish and clay bar for windows.
You can also try steel wool and water.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vball6pac View Post
i go over my truck with a micro fiber clothe after washing it, using a detailer wax, and do the windows and mirrors as well. Cleans nice, and gives you a rain-x effect.
+1
Old 03-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
lizard1 is on a distinguished road
lizard1's Tacoma Gallery
I use a microfiber sink sponge - the type you use washing dishes - to remove water stains. I use SPRAYAWAY (FRYS,SAFEWAY), scrub the windows, wipe with microfiber towel. Spray and wipe as necessary.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Hm. Ill have to try that stuff. That good eh?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
if you are cleaning tinted windows, i have not researched, but ammonia is supposed to be baddddd for tint film. armor all makes a ammonia free glass cleaner
X2
It's what I use
Old 03-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
Your just moving grime around do it this way!

I detail cars so trust me I know Windows suck!!!

This is what I do

Put 2 cap fulls of simple green into a small bucket

Fill the the bucket up 1/4 of the way with warm water

Dip a clean micro fiber towel into the water/simple green mixture and make sure it's gets saturated

Ring out the micro fiber rag tightly, Now wipe down all the windows good with the micro fiber rag

After the windows dry now you can follow up with your Windex and paper towels

Your windows will sparkle

Always clean your windows in the shade not direct sun-light

Have fun
Old 03-24-2010, 06:27 AM   #16
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for advise...I'm going to try this one...
Old 04-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #17
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
I use rain x on the outside. On the inside I use rubbing alcohol diluted with some water and it works wonders. No streaks, it dries really fast and it is safe for window tint. My tint installer recommended it to me.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #18
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Stoners Invisible Glass with the Sports section of the paper always works for me.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #19
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
I use this, it works great, contains no ammonia and smells good.

get it at Home Depot or many drugstores

Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #20
Smartass Killa
BUDSHAD is on a distinguished road

Name: Chad
BUDSHAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
i want to know what people have used for water spots on windows????? not windex or invisible glass i mean like polish and clay bar for windows.
I have had good experience with Barkeepers Friend to get rid of the water spots. It is a fine abrasive that will demolish those hard water deposits. After you get rid of those spots use the Invisible Glass to clean and the apply Rain X as this acts like a wax for windows and will prevent those water spots.