1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Take back to shop to fix paint?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by CUtigerfan, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I backed into a tree back in mid February and managed to ruin my bumper and put a softball size dent in the bedside under my left tail light. I dropped it off Tuesday to get it repaired and just got it back about an hour ago. I took it to Satcher Ford because they did a really good job when my Dad hit a mailbox with his Sportrac and they wanted half what the other shop we took it to wanted. They charged $300 for the body and paint work and another $200 for the new bumper seems like a really reasonable price to me. You can't even tell it was damaged and repainted where they pulled the dent out but they didn't bother fixing the bottom edge of the tailgate or a spot next to the tail light where the paint had chipped. I realize the guy was trying to save me money and we didn't tell him to make it perfect but it looks like they took a sharpie or Ford touchup paint and brushed it on to cover up those two spots. If it wasn't chipped I wouldn't worry about it but I really think I need to take it back and get them to repair it right. What do you guys think?

Here's some pics of the two spots.
    [​IMG]
    (the paints chipped all the way across behind the tail light and you can see bare metal)
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    looks like touch up pen. in order to repair chips like that the whole panel would likely need to be painted in order to colour match properly. with body work, you get what you pay for, and good body work isn't cheap

3. Mar 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    They color matched the area they fixed perfectly. I can't even tell it was repainted. I'm just kinda pissed they didn't put in the effort to fix those spots too while they were at it. The guy charged me $50 less than what he quoted me and I would've been willing to pay a little more to get it right the first time.

Products Discussed in

To Top