Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Windows

Old 04-27-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Windows

Can someone please tell me the best way (product) to get water spots off my windows?

Hidden message:
Over the years, I have noticed that keeping windows looking clean can make a junk car look just fine! LOL

Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Im interested in this too.... hard water is a biach!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
I have always found "SPRAYAWAY" glass cleaner works great. It is in a blue and white aerosol can and you will find it in the house cleaning section of any grocery store, walmart,etc. It is ammonia free as well so it's safe on tinted windows and also works well to clean wheels of all kinds.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
thanks!!

This is it, correct?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Yes sir! It works well on chrome as well.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
bob857 is on a distinguished road

bob857's Tacoma Gallery
Take

Fill with

Spray on glass and use

Along with some

And of course it pays to use

Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
bob, that works great to prevent hardwater spots! My wife parked next to a sprinkler every day for 3 months and she had waterspots on her windows and rear quarter that won't come off with regular window cleaner. I had the carwash do the clay thing on her panels to get them clean and they used some other crap to get the spots of the windows. It was kinda expensive though.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #8
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
White Vinegar removes water spots. Many detail shops use vinegar, but they will tell you that it's some kind of "magic acid bath". LOL

Vinegar also removes wax, so try not to get it on your paint, if it has a wax job on it.

Vinegar works good, but I like to use chrome polish and a buffer. Most any brand of chrome polish is good on glass.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
toycoma671 is on a distinguished road

Navy: COMM SOL Managment
toycoma671's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
White Vinegar removes water spots. Many detail shops use vinegar, but they will tell you that it's some kind of "magic acid bath". LOL

Vinegar also removes wax, so try not to get it on your paint, if it has a wax job on it.

Vinegar works good, but I like to use chrome polish and a buffer. Most any brand of chrome polish is good on glass.
Thanks for that info, I've been wanting to get those waterspots out.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
If all else fails use some OOOO steel wool, rubbing as lightly as possible.

I would be too scared to do that, I would just take it to a detail shop. Just remember to wash, dry, and rain-x your windows every time you wash to keep them from come'n back.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #12
Back in Black
TheBUNKY is on a distinguished road

TheBUNKY's Tacoma Gallery
Windex, wipe off with newspaper.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Invisible Glass by Stoner. Came recommended to me from an auto glass repair guy.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
50/50 alcohol / water.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i say use chrome polish to remove the water spots, then use stoner invisible glass(awesome stuff) with crumpled newspaper to clean the windows, then use a couple coatings of rain-x........should do really well.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
wax ur windows
Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #19
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
news paper and windex or wax
Old 02-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #20
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
NEWSPAPER!...trust me! (non colored)