Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Waxing my Black Sand Pearl Taco

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #21
phoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
phoneguy44's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to phoneguy44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Think of Gold Class as a top choice grade C wax. If you decide to move up to a grade B or A it will cost you more but the protection will last longer and you will be able to see a difference in the depth and clarity of the shine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneguy44 View Post
I'm sure you cant buy a grade B or A at AutoZone or Walmart can ya ? And if so, whats a few to choose from ?? i dont mind spendin the cash if my truck is going to look great !

Thanks on the compliments guys. I love my new toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstrk02 View Post
good meguires at carquest. they are # coded so you need to read the bottles to determine what is best for you.
The man just said Meguires Gold was a grade C. I'm asking about a grade A or B. Whats a good one ?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #22
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneguy44 View Post
I'm sure you cant buy a grade B or A at AutoZone or Walmart can ya ? And if so, whats a few to choose from ?? i dont mind spendin the cash if my truck is going to look great !

Thanks on the compliments guys. I love my new toy.
Not really at Walmart or the the Zone.

Since you ahave BSP, great choice BTW, I would go with this wax from Poor Boys world a grade B wax.

http://www.autogeek.net/nattys-blue.html

If you want a top quality grade A here are three choices.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html

http://www.autogeek.net/pinsouvwax.html

http://www.autogeek.net/p21s-100--carnauba-wax.html

I personally use the Fuzion but have seen the other two on black cars. All three are outstanding.

If you are interested in seraling in the corrected finish of your Tacoma check out Zaino. Then top with two coats of the wax above. I did this with my Tacoma last September and it still looks great. BTW my Tacoma is my daily driver.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #23
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Ive used the black box on my truck, I really like it. As others said its more of a scratch filler but it also removes the swirl markes and stuff.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #24
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Before you go out and drop $50 on a wax, here are a few things for you to think about. These boutique waxes do have some really good shine. A good number of them will not last very long once your truck gets driving around and the sun hits it. Some of the best wax has a high level of carnuba in it. Carnuba gives that nice dripping wet look, but has nada for longevity. A sealent will give your much much longer of a shelf life on your paint than any wax will. Some sealants are a pain to work with and some don't give that great shine.
I am not saying that there are not expensive waxes out there that last a long time as I like what I use and have never used alot of others. However, detailing your truck takes time. And you could be waxing every 2 weeks. If that is cool with you then grab whatever you find that hits a nerve. But, if your into a montly wax with a long lasting shine, stay with the Megs Gold Class and put your money and time into getting a polisher and making it an extension of hand when you detail. Not only will you shorten your work time, you'll have the best paint job on the block.
Always remeber it is in the prep work. You could slap some $200 wax on a bad prep and it will look crappy. Throw some Megs GC on a proper prep and look out.

I used it on my black 97 Taco all the time. I have the expensive wax and Megs GC. That will be with me always as I switch my expensive wax brand out. I break out the good stuff when I want to give the truck some lovin'. Other than then, she gets GC.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
tjwomble93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tate
tjwomble93's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking around since finding out about paint sealant on Autogeek but can't find any stores that sell it? Is it something I have to order online? I do a lot of offroading so I was looking for a stronger protection against scratches..
Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwomble93 View Post
I've been looking around since finding out about paint sealant on Autogeek but can't find any stores that sell it? Is it something I have to order online? I do a lot of offroading so I was looking for a stronger protection against scratches..
Megs 21 will not break the bank and looks pretty decent. It is OK to use a wax on top of a sealant.

I believe most NAPA stores carry Megs 21.

There are some hybrids out there, a combo wax and sealant.

I use Fuzion as my winter prep wax/sealant and it does the job all winter long. If there is a nice day out, temps in the 50's, I will throw a coat of a wax I have laying around that I tried out during the year.

Take advantage of the sales at Autogeek to pick up a boutique wax to try out.

With the type of driving most of us do today, freeway and high speed, most waxes do not last 2 months.

Products Discussed in this Thread