Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Cleaners for rims

Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Buffalofan is on a distinguished road

Buffalofan's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaners for rims

I have tried a ton of products and I have a hard time getting the brake dust and grime off my rims. The aluminum 01 rims are not smooth so crap gets stuck in them and sometimes when I scrub and scrub the crap still doesn't come of.

What products work well that you use?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
try some eagle1 all wheel cleaner......good stuff there. but if the wheels are in bad shape(alotta brake dust), let the cleaner sit for a few minutes, and a second round may be needed.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
Buffalofan is on a distinguished road

Buffalofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
try some eagle1 all wheel cleaner......good stuff there. but if the wheels are in bad shape(alotta brake dust), let the cleaner sit for a few minutes, and a second round may be needed.

I will try that. It just seems that no matter what I use, I scrub and scrub and sometimes it doesn't all come off. I love the cleaners that say to spray on and hose off...what a crock of bs.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalofan View Post
I will try that. It just seems that no matter what I use, I scrub and scrub and sometimes it doesn't all come off. I love the cleaners that say to spray on and hose off...what a crock of bs.
yeah, spray on/hose off only works if the wheel is basically new, of if one has never been polished/waxed.

try using hot water too, along with the eagle1......it will probably help.