Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Remove Wax from Trim

Old 04-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Scott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
Scott K's Tacoma Gallery
Remove Wax from Trim

What is the best way to remove wax from black trim, rubber weather stripping, etc. ??
Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
^^X2 or WD-40.

WD-40 doesn't hurt your paint either...... Remember WD-40 Is a mechanics secret.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
I use Mother's Black-to-Black. Works great. Price ain't too bad at $6 for an 8 oz. bottle.
X3
Old 04-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
What is the best way to remove wax from black trim, rubber weather stripping, etc. ??
Something to think about for next time...use a wax that doesn't stain.

https://polishandwax.com/shop/produc...252d7-Wax.html

https://polishandwax.com/shop/produc...ll-Gallon.html

Also, if you scrub the trim with one of these waxes and a sponge or microfiber, in many cases it will actually remove the wax stains from other products.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
soilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura about
Name: Donald
soilsample's Tacoma Gallery
True story....

PEANUTBUTTER

seriously it removes the white residue easily. This is an old detailers secret.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to add....dont wax the trim
Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilsample View Post
True story....

PEANUTBUTTER

The PB trick does work, however, its usually just the oils in the PB that cover up the wax, and not necessarily remove it.

May also consider trying a quick detailer or all purpose cleaner and microfiber towel. Always did the job for me.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Im in need of doing this too. Thanks for the thread OP lol.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #9
damelodian is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
damelodian's Tacoma Gallery
I was told that you should dress your trim prior to waxing and polishing, that way it can wipe off easier.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:44 AM   #10
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
Navy: ET1
Name: Scott
bruinsrme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilsample View Post
True story....

PEANUTBUTTER

yep, read that in the ask the detailers thread and thought it was BS.
Nope, its for real.

what I want to knowis how someone figured that out
Old 05-09-2010, 04:28 AM   #11
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
used some purple power and a mini scrubber...worked perfectly!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
raven is a glorious beacon of lightraven is a glorious beacon of lightraven is a glorious beacon of lightraven is a glorious beacon of lightraven is a glorious beacon of lightraven is a glorious beacon of light

raven's Tacoma Gallery
Staedtler eraser. No joke, it's dirt cheap, it's disgusting how well it works.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
I had this same problem for a long time....wax residue on my black trim. I used some Goo Gone citrus spray and it took it right off. I was amazed.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
I need to do this too...I waxed my truck a few weeks back and it finally rained and all of a sudden I have wax on the black trim. Kinda weird because it wasn't there when I waxed...
Old 10-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax Ice liquid polish removes wax residue off of trim. That's all I use anymore.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
mx355 will become famous soon enough
Name: Trent
mx355's Tacoma Gallery
Old School "PINK" Eraser, the little square ones with angles on them are good for precison removal.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #17
arizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
arizonataco's Tacoma Gallery
Any of the above idea but add a toothbrush.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #18
roadking1 is on a distinguished road
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
Mars erasers.......you can buy them at Staples
Old 11-03-2010, 06:00 AM   #19
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx355 View Post
Old School "PINK" Eraser, the little square ones with angles on them are good for precison removal.
Really? Gotta try this out sometime. I wax mine every two weeks since its parked outside most of the time and waxing is a headache because of all that plastic!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #20
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
i have to try the eraser method. I got wax on the tube steps black grips.