Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #1201
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmsattelberg View Post
That is one BAD ASS looking truck my man.... what tint do you have on the windows % wise?
Thanks man! 20% on the front 2 windows only
Old 04-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #1202
buckey48 is on a distinguished road
buckey48's Tacoma Gallery
would that polish help with some spider webbing black vehicle?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #1203
buckey48 is on a distinguished road
buckey48's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I used the black turtle wax spray for black vechiles only and good golly Im happy with the results

does it help hide spider webbing?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #1204
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
Whats everyones opinions on adding a wax on top of a sealant?
Waste of money?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #1205
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyourlocaldjx View Post
Waste of money?
Not in my opinion, no. It adds durability to the sealant and can improve depth as well.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #1206
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Waste of money?
I always top a sealant on black paint. Just make sure you use a finishing wax with no cleaners. Otherwise you will be removing the bottom layer.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #1207
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckey48 View Post
does it help hide spider webbing?
I dont have spider webbing so Im not sure but it does fill in tiny swirl marks and will literally dye your microfiber towel black.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
I always top a sealant on black paint. Just make sure you use a finishing wax with no cleaners. Otherwise you will be removing the bottom layer.
Not many pure waxes left out there with no cleaners. And carnauba wax can get expensive. Was going to use collinite 845 but that has some type of cleaner in it too.

What are you guys using to top?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #1209
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not many pure waxes left out there with no cleaners. And carnauba wax can get expensive. Was going to use collinite 845 but that has some type of cleaner in it too.

What are you guys using to top?
You can top with 845. Ive done it multiple times. Right now I use Adams Americana and I know Tom recommends Pinnacle Liquid Souveran as well.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #1210
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishntaco View Post
You can top with 845. Ive done it multiple times. Right now I use Adams Americana and I know Tom recommends Pinnacle Liquid Souveran as well.
Josh:
I like the Liquid Souveran on light colors. Dark colors I started to use Dodo Juice Purple Haze and I like the look on black. For a long lasting topper to get me through the winter I use Wolfgang Fuzion. If you want a short term wax that will give you a very deep shine with a dreamy look I would recommend Souveran paste wax.

The truth is that there are a lot of waxes to do the job and do it well. For a low cost solution either P21S or Poor Boys Natty Red will make your daily driver look great and not break the bank.

Always buy the wax when it is on sale. Sooner or later it will go on sale at Autogeek.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Josh:
I like the Liquid Souveran on light colors. Dark colors I started to use Dodo Juice Purple Haze and I like the look on black. For a long lasting topper to get me through the winter I use Wolfgang Fuzion. If you want a short term wax that will give you a very deep shine with a dreamy look I would recommend Souveran paste wax.

The truth is that there are a lot of waxes to do the job and do it well. For a low cost solution either P21S or Poor Boys Natty Red will make your daily driver look great and not break the bank.

Always buy the wax when it is on sale. Sooner or later it will go on sale at Autogeek.
I'm able to get meguiars #16 paste wax. granted for a high price since shipping from over sea's. About $36 per can after shipping. Considering p21s is roughly the same price before shipping.. Maybe it will be worth it. Was also thinking maybe I should just top it with collinite 476 instead since it's half the price.

Any thoughts on which I should top it with? My sealant will be Klasse sealant glaze.

Meguiars Gold wash
Mothers Clay Bar
Poorboys SR2 for polish
Klasse Sealant Glaze
Top with a Wax
Ultimate Quik detail between washes.

My concern is that if i want to reapply another coat of Klasse, I'll have to strip the wax off. If i have klasse only, I can spritz the car with klasse/quik detail solution and re seal it quickly.

1st world problems! =(
Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #1212
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm able to get meguiars #16 paste wax. granted for a high price since shipping from over sea's. About $36 per can after shipping. Considering p21s is roughly the same price before shipping.. Maybe it will be worth it. Was also thinking maybe I should just top it with collinite 476 instead since it's half the price.

Any thoughts on which I should top it with? My sealant will be Klasse sealant glaze.

Meguiars Gold wash
Mothers Clay Bar
Poorboys SR2 for polish
Klasse Sealant Glaze
Top with a Wax
Ultimate Quik detail between washes.

My concern is that if i want to reapply another coat of Klasse, I'll have to strip the wax off. If i have klasse only, I can spritz the car with klasse/quik detail solution and re seal it quickly.

1st world problems! =(

If you are able to put 2 to 3 coats of Klasse on first I wouuld go that route. Klasse is top shelf product. Megs makes fine waxes you should look at #26. I did not see a #16 listed on Autogeek.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
If you are able to put 2 to 3 coats of Klasse on first I wouuld go that route. Klasse is top shelf product. Megs makes fine waxes you should look at #26. I did not see a #16 listed on Autogeek.
#16 was their original wax that the u.s. banned because of voc's. Only available outside of the us
Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #1214
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to know.

Helped a Maryland Member detail his Tacoma today. I am now a fan of the MGM color. It ia really attractive on a Tacoma.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #1215
Tacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacozilla's Tacoma Gallery
subscribing......
Old 04-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #1216
Salmo is on a distinguished road

Salmo's Tacoma Gallery
"Green" cleaners

Any recommendations on biodegradable/"Green" washes? I live right next to a stream, and anything that comes off the truck is going to run into the water eventually. Would prefer to not kill off anything...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #1217
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone with a non-black vehicle used the Turtle Black Spray Detailer? I read somewhere online that it can be used on black, charcoal gray, and dark grey metallic vehicles, but I don't know if I want to try it on my MGM.

Matt
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1218
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Has anyone with a non-black vehicle used the Turtle Black Spray Detailer? I read somewhere online that it can be used on black, charcoal gray, and dark grey metallic vehicles, but I don't know if I want to try it on my MGM.

Matt
The product has no idea which color it is being applied to, however, If you are looking for an effective OTC detailer you might want to try Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer, Mothers Showtime or Duragloss Aquawax. I believe those are of better quality that the TW offerings. Just an opinion, take it for what it's worth.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #1219
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Here's pics of weatherstripping,not bing so far gets rid of spots. Sorry for being late posting.
*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1367073757053.jpg*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1367073772753.jpg
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #1220
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
So, after reading this thread, I decided to give some love to the 07 Accord we just bought. Stopped down at the local Advanced Auto and purchased a few items. First item was Meguiars Polish. The second item was a product Meguiars came out with to attach to a drill. It basically makes a drill, a high speed buffer. Now I'm not sure how close it is to the real thing, but, it sure did do pretty well. After I polished it, I waxed it with Meguiars Gold Class wax. I think it turned out pretty well. I'll know more when I get the car into sunlight. Any thoughts on the apparatus hooked to a drill?

Products Discussed in this Thread