Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #1201
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyourlocaldjx View Post
I'm able to get meguiars #16 paste wax. granted for a high price since shipping from over sea's. About $36 per can after shipping. Considering p21s is roughly the same price before shipping.. Maybe it will be worth it. Was also thinking maybe I should just top it with collinite 476 instead since it's half the price.

Any thoughts on which I should top it with? My sealant will be Klasse sealant glaze.

Meguiars Gold wash
Mothers Clay Bar
Poorboys SR2 for polish
Klasse Sealant Glaze
Top with a Wax
Ultimate Quik detail between washes.

My concern is that if i want to reapply another coat of Klasse, I'll have to strip the wax off. If i have klasse only, I can spritz the car with klasse/quik detail solution and re seal it quickly.

1st world problems! =(

If you are able to put 2 to 3 coats of Klasse on first I wouuld go that route. Klasse is top shelf product. Megs makes fine waxes you should look at #26. I did not see a #16 listed on Autogeek.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #1202
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
If you are able to put 2 to 3 coats of Klasse on first I wouuld go that route. Klasse is top shelf product. Megs makes fine waxes you should look at #26. I did not see a #16 listed on Autogeek.
#16 was their original wax that the u.s. banned because of voc's. Only available outside of the us
Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #1203
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to know.

Helped a Maryland Member detail his Tacoma today. I am now a fan of the MGM color. It ia really attractive on a Tacoma.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1204
Tacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacozilla's Tacoma Gallery
subscribing......
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #1205
Salmo is on a distinguished road

Salmo's Tacoma Gallery
"Green" cleaners

Any recommendations on biodegradable/"Green" washes? I live right next to a stream, and anything that comes off the truck is going to run into the water eventually. Would prefer to not kill off anything...
Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #1206
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone with a non-black vehicle used the Turtle Black Spray Detailer? I read somewhere online that it can be used on black, charcoal gray, and dark grey metallic vehicles, but I don't know if I want to try it on my MGM.

Matt
Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #1207
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Has anyone with a non-black vehicle used the Turtle Black Spray Detailer? I read somewhere online that it can be used on black, charcoal gray, and dark grey metallic vehicles, but I don't know if I want to try it on my MGM.

Matt
The product has no idea which color it is being applied to, however, If you are looking for an effective OTC detailer you might want to try Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer, Mothers Showtime or Duragloss Aquawax. I believe those are of better quality that the TW offerings. Just an opinion, take it for what it's worth.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #1208
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Here's pics of weatherstripping,not bing so far gets rid of spots. Sorry for being late posting.
*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1367073757053.jpg*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1367073772753.jpg
Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #1209
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
So, after reading this thread, I decided to give some love to the 07 Accord we just bought. Stopped down at the local Advanced Auto and purchased a few items. First item was Meguiars Polish. The second item was a product Meguiars came out with to attach to a drill. It basically makes a drill, a high speed buffer. Now I'm not sure how close it is to the real thing, but, it sure did do pretty well. After I polished it, I waxed it with Meguiars Gold Class wax. I think it turned out pretty well. I'll know more when I get the car into sunlight. Any thoughts on the apparatus hooked to a drill?
Old 04-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #1210
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
Any thoughts on the apparatus hooked to a drill?
Be very carefull. It is easy to burn the paint using a drill buffer. It is very hard to control the RPM of the drill head. Also it does not leave a lot to be desired with control over the pad as you work in the paint surface.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #1211
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Here's pics of weatherstripping,not bing so far gets rid of spots. Sorry for being late posting.
Attachment 209455Attachment 209456
I would try some 303 Aerospace Protectant on a soft cloth using my index finger on the rubber using a fair amount of pressure. The marks almost looks like a stain or a fungus type growth that has died off.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #1212
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I would try some 303 Aerospace Protectant on a soft cloth using my index finger on the rubber using a fair amount of pressure. The marks almost looks like a stain or a fungus type growth that has died off.
Thanks for reply,ill start the hunt to find some.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #1213
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Thanks for reply,ill start the hunt to find some.
Any store that caters to boats should have it.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #1214
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if this has been covered but what is used to clean rubber stripping around windows as gets dull and spotty. Is this has been covered sorry but just wondering. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #1215
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Not sure if this has been covered but what is used to clean rubber stripping around windows as gets dull and spotty. Is this has been covered sorry but just wondering. Thanks.
See above. 303 Aerospace protectant.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #1216
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Any store that caters to boats should have it.
Thanks for your help. There happens to be a new boat shop in town,the only one. Still can't figure it out,no lake immediately nearby,and we have been in a several year drought.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #1217
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Does pollen bury itself in wax? I waxed my truck a couple weeks ago and yesterday when I washed it I noticed it was really rough. I don't think it would have been anything else
Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #1218
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Does pollen bury itself in wax? I waxed my truck a couple weeks ago and yesterday when I washed it I noticed it was really rough. I don't think it would have been anything else
Did you claybar it beforehand? Might have already been in the surface but the waxed evened or "disappeared" or something... Hell, I did the same with Meguire's NXT 2.0 and it felt good at first, but that wax really sucks and a week later you couldnt even tell it had been waxed - I noticed after a rain when there was no beading and when I ran my finger over the hood/sides/all over, it felt as if there wasn't any on there at all...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #1219
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I had clayed and waxed about 2 months prior and it was still smooth when i put on this coat. I use meguiars ultimate wax (synthetic) love it too best wax i ever used.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #1220
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I had clayed and waxed about 2 months prior and it was still smooth when i put on this coat. I use meguiars ultimate wax (synthetic) love it too best wax i ever used.

I have never had a wax NOT bead up a week after using it and when rubbing my finger on the surface it gets that squeaky sound like when it is untreated. That was the first time I used any Meguire's product - and will be the last, too. Hell, Turtle Wax Ice at least beaded up a couple of months later! On to a search for a better product!

Products Discussed in this Thread