Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #1221
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
Any thoughts on the apparatus hooked to a drill?
Be very carefull. It is easy to burn the paint using a drill buffer. It is very hard to control the RPM of the drill head. Also it does not leave a lot to be desired with control over the pad as you work in the paint surface.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #1222
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Here's pics of weatherstripping,not bing so far gets rid of spots. Sorry for being late posting.
Attachment 209455Attachment 209456
I would try some 303 Aerospace Protectant on a soft cloth using my index finger on the rubber using a fair amount of pressure. The marks almost looks like a stain or a fungus type growth that has died off.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #1223
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
I would try some 303 Aerospace Protectant on a soft cloth using my index finger on the rubber using a fair amount of pressure. The marks almost looks like a stain or a fungus type growth that has died off.
Thanks for reply,ill start the hunt to find some.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #1224
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Thanks for reply,ill start the hunt to find some.
Any store that caters to boats should have it.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #1225
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if this has been covered but what is used to clean rubber stripping around windows as gets dull and spotty. Is this has been covered sorry but just wondering. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #1226
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Not sure if this has been covered but what is used to clean rubber stripping around windows as gets dull and spotty. Is this has been covered sorry but just wondering. Thanks.
See above. 303 Aerospace protectant.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #1227
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any store that caters to boats should have it.
Thanks for your help. There happens to be a new boat shop in town,the only one. Still can't figure it out,no lake immediately nearby,and we have been in a several year drought.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #1228
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Does pollen bury itself in wax? I waxed my truck a couple weeks ago and yesterday when I washed it I noticed it was really rough. I don't think it would have been anything else
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #1229
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Does pollen bury itself in wax? I waxed my truck a couple weeks ago and yesterday when I washed it I noticed it was really rough. I don't think it would have been anything else
Did you claybar it beforehand? Might have already been in the surface but the waxed evened or "disappeared" or something... Hell, I did the same with Meguire's NXT 2.0 and it felt good at first, but that wax really sucks and a week later you couldnt even tell it had been waxed - I noticed after a rain when there was no beading and when I ran my finger over the hood/sides/all over, it felt as if there wasn't any on there at all...
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #1230
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had clayed and waxed about 2 months prior and it was still smooth when i put on this coat. I use meguiars ultimate wax (synthetic) love it too best wax i ever used.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #1231
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had clayed and waxed about 2 months prior and it was still smooth when i put on this coat. I use meguiars ultimate wax (synthetic) love it too best wax i ever used.

I have never had a wax NOT bead up a week after using it and when rubbing my finger on the surface it gets that squeaky sound like when it is untreated. That was the first time I used any Meguire's product - and will be the last, too. Hell, Turtle Wax Ice at least beaded up a couple of months later! On to a search for a better product!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #1232
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a network of detailers, that maybe I could look at to take my vehicles to so that I can have this stuff done correctly the first time? I don't have bad results by my standards, but I've found when it comes to a profession, the people who do it usually take much more pride and care in their work. Plus they know what they are looking for. Im in South East Indiana, and I know absolutely nobody who does great work in the area.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #1233
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you park under a tree it could be tree sap. Pollen usually does not imbed itself in the wax or clear coat paint.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #1234
Wannabe crawler

Well I solved the mystery. I forgot I spray painted my frame since the last time I washed it so it must've been over spray
Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #1235
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I solved the mystery. I forgot I spray painted my frame since the last time I washed it so it must've been over spray
A claybar and a rewax should take care of that.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #1236
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
I have a problem right now and don't know how to tackle it: how the heck can I remove tree sap? It's on my roof and hood. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #1237
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
I have a problem right now and don't know how to tackle it: how the heck can I remove tree sap? It's on my roof and hood. Thanks in advance!
Clay bar it after leaving it out in the sun for a couple hours.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #1238
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
A claybar and a rewax should take care of that.
It did.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #1239
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
The sap is really hard and it's been like that for days. I didn't notice it before and when I did it was hard as a rock. I guess I could give it a try
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #1240
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It did.
If you apply a second coat of wax 12 to 24 hours later the finish will take on a deeper wet look.

Products Discussed in this Thread