Notices

*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #1381
whiplash willy is on a distinguished road
whiplash willy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to remove rail dust from paint?
Clay will work, but Iron-X is easier and better for rail dust.

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html
Old 10-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #1385
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Thanks.

Are there any other products I can use from Walmart or so?
I am not a fan of RainX.

The products listed above really work well and will do what you want them to do,
Old 10-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #1386
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks.

Are there any other products I can use from Walmart or so?
Steel wool works wonders. Search it on here. I did a write up.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #1387
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Steel wool works wonders. Search it on here. I did a write up.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #1388
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Search my threads. Glass write ups in there along with steel wool
Old 10-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #1389
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Search my threads. Glass write ups in there along with steel wool
don't tell me what to do

oh....and:
Quote:
Never do the following to glass:

2) Use steel wool of any kind. It creates hundreds of thousands of miniscule scratches that will make staining worse in the long run. They are not viable to the eye. Steel should never touch glass regardless of how hard you think glass and steel are.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #1390
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
don't tell me what to do
Don't ask questions if you don't want answers and banter.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #1391
Banned
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't ask questions if you don't want answers and banter.
screw you, lady

i didn't ask any questions
Old 10-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #1393
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Please flush the toilet before leaving the thread.

it's all your fault Tom
Old 10-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #1394
DecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DecaturTide's Tacoma Gallery
2000 Tacoma front bumper

What's the best thing to put on the black plastic part of the front bumper?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #1395
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it's all your fault Tom
Just trying to help a TW member out. The cost difference between RainX and the products I listed is not that great. The performance between the two products is like night and day.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #1396
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturTide View Post
Is it greying up on you?

Black WOW works but it is rather expensive. A little goes a long way.

http://www.autogeek.net/black-wow-trim-restorer.html
Old 10-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #1397
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturTide View Post
I have great results with Duragloss 271. It is easy to use, durable, and affordable.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #1398
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What is a good window cleaner that makes the water just slides off?
I clean with Invisible Glass or Sprayway and seal with Aquapel. The Aquapel treatment last 5-6 months in my experience. Above 30mph their is no need for wipers.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #1400
DecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shedDecaturTide is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DecaturTide's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
I have great results with Duragloss 271. It is easy to use, durable, and affordable.
Thanks! I'll give this a try.

Products Discussed in this Thread