*Official* Ask A Detailer Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #1421
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
I just recently tried the 845 and I am really impressed so far. If you buy it, make sure you heat the bottle up in warm water if not the Collinite will be clumpy. I would also recommend getting a bottle with a smaller opening, so you don't waste the product.
Thanks man. Whats the verdict on how long it lasts?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #1422
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5808 View Post
Will let you know. It has only been on the truck for a couple of weeks. Wanted to get it on before winter. I actually have it layered over Adam's machine super sealant and then put a coat of Adam's Americana over the top of the Collinite. Probably overkill but want to protect it through winter.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #1423
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nick from Autogeek wrote this wonderful guide on #845.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ight=845+guide

There are too many variables to answer your question honestly but I think you will be pleased with the wax in question.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #1424
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Heard good things about it. It is definitely my next wax. Trying to find a balance between protection and shine, but the right price as well.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #1425
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys. Heard good things about it. It is definitely my next wax. Trying to find a balance between protection and shine, but the right price as well.
I have a friend in Michigan that uses the product on his daily driver. Expect 3 to 4 months protection on a vehicle that gets used daily. The product is a great bang for the buck.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #1426
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
So I'll admit that I did not read all of the preceding 72 pages...

What is the best way to remove smoke odor?
I bought the truck comming up on a year now and it was a smokers vehicle. It has been "detailed" twice now but still has a faint odor, especially when it gets hot or turns very humid. The heat is more common here in Phoenix. I have tried "nuetralizers" and standards air fresheners in addition to almost always cracking the windows. The in cab filter has been changed and I have wiped down as much of the duct work as possible when the blower motor was out getting some tlc.

Where is my next step?

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #1427
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by llibrm View Post
So I'll admit that I did not read all of the preceding 72 pages...

What is the best way to remove smoke odor?
I bought the truck comming up on a year now and it was a smokers vehicle. It has been "detailed" twice now but still has a faint odor, especially when it gets hot or turns very humid. The heat is more common here in Phoenix. I have tried "nuetralizers" and standards air fresheners in addition to almost always cracking the windows. The in cab filter has been changed and I have wiped down as much of the duct work as possible when the blower motor was out getting some tlc.

Where is my next step?

Thanks for the help guys.
Try this.
http://www.autogeek.net/smoke-odor-eliminator.html

Low cost and it is highly rated but with only 4 reviews.

This is a decent quick read.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...freshener.html
Old 11-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #1428
530to707 is on a distinguished road

530to707's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

Just washed the truck for the first time and it looks awesome. Thanks so much to the OP for the great tips and info.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #1429
Beers is on a distinguished road
Beers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Just trying to help a TW member out. The cost difference between RainX and the products I listed is not that great. The performance between the two products is like night and day.
I'm curious as to what differences you are seeing between Rain-X and this. I have been using Rain-X for years with great results and no problems. Just wondering if I am missing something.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #1430
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers View Post
I'm curious as to what differences you are seeing between Rain-X and this. I have been using Rain-X for years with great results and no problems. Just wondering if I am missing something.
Lasting power. The product lasts almost 3 months for 1 application.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #1431
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
If you have $100 lying around and want a decent high end detail starter kit, this is for you. I think this will only be up for offer another 3 hours.

http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html
Old 11-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #1432
Beers is on a distinguished road
Beers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lasting power. The product lasts almost 3 months for 1 application.
Okay. I get the same out of Rain-X but then reapply it more based on convenience than pure need. Certainly another product to consider once the Rain-X runs out but that takes quite awhile even with 3 cars to keep up with.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:43 AM   #1433
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Autogeek has Souveran paste wax on sale 1 day only for $59. This is my go to wax for the summer. Your paint will look deep dark and just drippin wet. If you ever wanted to try a high end wax this is a nice sale. Pick up a few microfiber towels and the shipping will be free.

http://www.autogeek.net/promospecials.html

If you have a stormtrooper Tacoma this wax is the best I have used for the color white.

http://www.autogeek.net/pinliqsouvwa.html
Old 12-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #1434
Proeliator72 is on a distinguished road

Proeliator72's Tacoma Gallery
Any recommendations for cleaning window tint film? I don't want to use anything that will cause or accelerate fading; if standard glass cleaner isn't the best idea, what should I use?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #1435
Remember to lube your brake pads and tire treads!
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed

quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proeliator72 View Post
Any recommendations for cleaning window tint film? I don't want to use anything that will cause or accelerate fading; if standard glass cleaner isn't the best idea, what should I use?
stoner invisible glass in the aerosol and news paper
Old 12-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #1436
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
lowercaselong's Tacoma Gallery
for the guys without weathertech liners, whats the best way to get rid of fine grass particles weaved into carpets? for the areas around my oem all weather mats.
thanks guys
Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #1437
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercaselong View Post
for the guys without weathertech liners, whats the best way to get rid of fine grass particles weaved into carpets? for the areas around my oem all weather mats.
thanks guys

You could try the brush attachment for a vacuum cleaner. Some vacuum cleaners have an attachment that has plastic spikes that might work. Otherwise you will need to pick them out by hand.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #1438
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
lowercaselong's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You could try the brush attachment for a vacuum cleaner. Some vacuum cleaners have an attachment that has plastic spikes that might work. Otherwise you will need to pick them out by hand.
yeah thats what im going on, been doing it for years. i was hoping (besides new mats of course) that there was a magic wand i didnt know about.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #1439
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercaselong View Post
yeah thats what im going on, been doing it for years. i was hoping (besides new mats of course) that there was a magic wand i didnt know about.

Not for that problem. You just need to suck it up and do it.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #1440
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proeliator72 View Post
Anything that is ammonia free. I use the glass cleaner from Chemical Guys.

Products Discussed in this Thread