Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

CD-2 engine detailer

Old 05-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
CD-2 engine detailer

anyone tried this cd-2 engine detailer yet??? i got a couple of cans at autozone this weekend, and i tried it out today. hosed and toweled out my engine bay.....then sprayed a few coats, let sit for 20/30 mins, then kinda toweled the real wet spots. made the engine bay shine like crazy. didnt have time for pics......got dark on me. i'll try later this week for pics though. i will recommend this stuff for now.....im gonna give it a week and see how it looks.....but so far so good.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
RLM sign group
mcmnos4r2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mcmnos4r2's Tacoma Gallery
I been using thaty stuff for years. havn't used it on my Tacoma yet. I used to use it on my old monte carlo and camaro. Was great for car shows. It really makes the engine shine. I used to degrease the engines first then hit it with the detailer. You will love the stuff!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmnos4r2 View Post
I been using thaty stuff for years. havn't used it on my Tacoma yet. I used to use it on my old monte carlo and camaro. Was great for car shows. It really makes the engine shine. I used to degrease the engines first then hit it with the detailer. You will love the stuff!
cool. it really did put a nice shiny coating on the whole engine compartment.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
does it get backed on dirt and shit off the engine block because i got a cold intake system and you can see one side of the block and i cant get off the dirt with just a simple wet paper towel. also is steam cleaning the engine do a good job because thats what i hear the dealerships do to used cars right before they sell them
Old 05-13-2008, 04:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
does it get backed on dirt and shit off the engine block because i got a cold intake system and you can see one side of the block and i cant get off the dirt with just a simple wet paper towel. also is steam cleaning the engine do a good job because thats what i hear the dealerships do to used cars right before they sell them
i would steam clean the engine first.........the cd-2 is more or less for shine only.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:59 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!! I've been wanting to get some of that for years - but I can't find it anywhere around here anymore. I used to get it at Walmart. And since they stopped carrying it, all the autostore don't have it either.

Yeah, I used to use it on my 96 tacoma years ago. Make the engine look nice and shiney, hoses nice 'n black. It does a nice job.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #7
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the same stuff that comes in 2 cans? 1 to clean and then the other to give it a nice shine.
I ust to get this stuff all the time but I have not seen it in a long time.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Is this the same stuff that comes in 2 cans? 1 to clean and then the other to give it a nice shine.
I ust to get this stuff all the time but I have not seen it in a long time.

Yeah it is.... and I haven't see it either.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #9
WhyNotFab is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
WhyNotFab's Tacoma Gallery
Old post, but I searched for it to see what everyone else thought of this stuff.. Just bought my first can and WOW, looks great! Hope it lasts, and doesn't attract too much dirt. Barely used any of it and the entire engine compartment looks brand new..
Old 09-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid question.
Is it safe to powerwash my 2.7. Just once?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNotFab View Post
Old post, but I searched for it to see what everyone else thought of this stuff.. Just bought my first can and WOW, looks great! Hope it lasts, and doesn't attract too much dirt. Barely used any of it and the entire engine compartment looks brand new..
Its good stuff! I've used it plenty of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Stupid question.
Is it safe to powerwash my 2.7. Just once?
I wouldnt. There is really no need for powerwashing. W/ the engine cold, spray a quality degreaser on the bad areas. I use P21s Total Auto Wash. Using a variety of brushes and some soapy water, gently scrub the engine, avoiding as many electrical connections as possible. Then just rinse it all off using a slow stream of water....just enough to rinse off the grime. Dry the heavy areas w/ a towel and start the truck up to help dry everything else off.