Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

My bad, another ?...lens cleaner/polish...?

Old 05-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
My bad, another ?...lens cleaner/polish...?

What would you use to clean and polish our headlamp lenses? I do not have one of those fancy orbital buffer tools so speaking from doing this by hand. No big scratches or dents, just 18K miles of road wear on them. Thanks guys for your input. I have no idea what I could use for this. My last vehicle still used the square glass bulbs.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I use 'GS-29' scratch remover it has microcrystalline stuff in it that works wonders on that haze.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
where do you get gs-29
Old 05-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey 77- I find it here at the Kragen auto parts- Im sure you'll find it out there at the local auto parts store ( the 'chain' stores) comes in a tube that stands up on its cap. This stuff is great! It does OK on scratches as long as theyre not too deep-but I find it way more valuable on headlights AND it is a cool evener for after you apply toucup paint to a chip or scratch you swirl this stuff over and over on the site and it blends the surface nicely.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
thanks ill go get some today ill let u know how it works out..
Old 05-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #6

Cool! You're going to like it. Just shake the tube really well, pour some onto a small cloth and just rub in circular motion-youll actually see that buildup disappearing as you rub. After you remove all that buildup get a terri towel and wipe excess off then for good protection apply a little sealant (or wax)
Old 05-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #7
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Guys I sanded on one of my headlamps to get the specks off and it worked and made it smooth as a baby's butt. Then you are left with a white opaque looking lamp assy. I used Flitz metal polish and went and bought a mini power ball for the drill and after an hour of polishing it looked new again. As a matter of fact it is this lamp below that got the sanding.

Tip when sanding headlamps: use more strokes, not more pressure. More pressure only makes more marks than you are trying to remove. Ask me how I know.......