Notices

Tire Shine Products!?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
gldnstateballa is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
gldnstateballa's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Shine Products!?

I was just wondering whats all you guys favorite tire shine products are. Ive been looking for one that makes it looks really wet and shiny,and hopefully doesn't drip fly on my car when i drive. Any opinions? Just share all your thoughts on tire shine here.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
For what you're looking for, I'd recommend looking in to Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel. Great product.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Smartass Killa
BUDSHAD is on a distinguished road

Name: Chad
BUDSHAD's Tacoma Gallery
I have just applied the Meguiar's natural shine to my tires. I always let it sit on there for 20 minutes or so and then wipe off with a microfiber towel to prevent it from getting all over my fenders. Looks great to me.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
^ same here great product..
Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
Any of the gels are good for holding on, but you don't want to rub up against them, black will get on your clothes. I personaly use armour all gel if I plan on driving soon. If I know it will sit for a while I like black magic tire shine.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Adamspolishes VRT dressing
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
I've never used a gel, but between a spray on liquid and a foam, I would definitely go with foam. The foam will last for a least 2 weeks for me (probably longer if it weren't for the dusty and dirty roads I drive on). But non of the spray on's seem to last longer than 1 day.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
The petroleum based products last longer but they attract dust and turn your tires brown. I like the water based stuff. Makes the tires look new! Not greasy and no fling!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I use the Advance auto parts brand tire shine in the aerosol can. I spray it on then wipe off the excess with a foam tire shine applicator. No fling.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #11
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
I just used tried the Black Magic tire foam and it worked pretty good. Let it sit for about 30mins. and had very little fling on my wheelwells.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
wmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nice
wmb67's Tacoma Gallery
As Macgyver said, wipe off the excess.

I apply Poorboys Natural Look Dressing, let it sit for 20-30 minutes, then wipe off and buff with a microfiber towel. Possibly 2 coats if necessary.

But the wiping of the excess product is key...
Tires are dry to the touch, with a matte finish. Not greasy. They look brand new.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #13
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
bump up
Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #14
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/tireShine/
Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Adamspolishes VRT dressing
+1 Great product with no brown tire issues.

On a side note, I have used Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel and must say not impressed.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #16
RMerritts is on a distinguished road
RMerritts's Tacoma Gallery
I use surf city beyond black, i personally don't like a super glossy shine, just a clean/new look.also works good on my tonneau cover and plastics.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstrk02 View Post
Any of the gels are good for holding on, but you don't want to rub up against them, black will get on your clothes. I personaly use armour all gel if I plan on driving soon. If I know it will sit for a while I like black magic tire shine.
X2 on the Armor All Gel
Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3 great ones for you:
1z Rubber protectant
Optimum Opti-Bond
Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #19
d9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud of

d9lowe's Tacoma Gallery
Stoner More Shine, Less Time. Cant go wrong with the stuff
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite to use. Doesn't fling and last a long time!

Products Discussed in this Thread