Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Neighbor is nuts

Old 05-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Buffalofan is on a distinguished road

Buffalofan's Tacoma Gallery
Neighbor is nuts

When I finished washing my truck yesteday I went over to my neighbors house 2 doors down to show him the absorber I just bought as he was also washing his car. I come to find out he uses All laundry detergent to wash is BMW.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Sure he wants his beemie to smell fresh n clean like his underpoos
Old 05-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap sounds like a co worker he use to mix chemcials like windex ammonia and etc... in a spray bottle left a bad haze.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
Smile BMW's

As long is it the color safe detergent it shouldnt fade!!!!!!! BMW's are alot like porcupines, except porcupines have the pricks on the outside.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
what kind of bmw?
I don't remember but it is one of the nice ones.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Holy crap sounds like a co worker he use to mix chemcials like windex ammonia and etc... in a spray bottle left a bad haze.
I would think laundry detergent would be kind of rough and abrasive to get stains out of clothes. I told him he was nuts but he says look at that shine.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I hope he waxes it after every wash! If not, say good bye to the clearcoat/paint protection. What a dumbass that guy is...
Old 05-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I hope he waxes it after every wash! If not, say good bye to the clearcoat/paint protection. What a dumbass that guy is...
..........you should see some of the stuff the Asian folk use on their cars here 2 examples-a broom and a mop!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #10
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
In the Army we used to rub the Jeep and 3/4 ton down with fuel oil just before any brass arrived....really made 'em shine
Old 05-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
In the Army we used to rub the Jeep and 3/4 ton down with fuel oil just before any brass arrived....really made 'em shine
Only non smokers were alowed in them?
Old 05-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
that beamer is really gonna look like crap in a few months, unless he is polishing and waxing everytime he washes it.

laundry detergent to the paint equals!!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #13
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
The BMW is probably leased so he doesn't care.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
The BMW is probably leased so he doesn't care.
It is a lease, but he does care. He is Russian and has his own way of thinking.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #15
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Doing it Russian old skool!
Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 AM   #16
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalofan View Post
It is a lease, but he does care. He is Russian and has his own way of thinking.
Yep, I used to work with a couple of Russians.One time one of them (Borris) told me regarding a box full of castings that needed to be machined.."all the same, but different",?? Same dude always had a lit ciggarette dangling out of his mouth, and once caught his apron on fire.
Both were genuinely good people and great(dedicated) workers.
Do something kind for your neighbor and buy him a jug of Meguiars Deep Crystal, thats what I like, and its only a few dollars.Maybe he`ll see the difference and change up.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #17
Oldcow is on a distinguished road
Oldcow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
As long is it the color safe detergent it shouldnt fade!!!!!!! BMW's are alot like porcupines, except porcupines have the pricks on the outside.
LOL
Old 05-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #18
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
When I was in auto body in high school, the teacher would use us as slave labor and have us restore/detail his various classic cars. I was high most of the time, but I'm pretty sure he always had us use laundry detergent. Said it didn't strip the wax. He had some fine cars, so maybe there is something to it??
Old 05-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
When I was in auto body in high school, the teacher would use us as slave labor and have us restore/detail his various classic cars. I was high most of the time, but I'm pretty sure he always had us use laundry detergent. Said it didn't strip the wax. He had some fine cars, so maybe there is something to it??
He was high, too.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Does he used dryer sheets to dry his Beemer? LOL