1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to get off water spots??

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by comicnut25, May 10, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    BAMATAC10

BAMATAC10 Active Member

Member:
    Birmingham,AL
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner V6 SR5 Access Cab
    I've had some similar problems with water spots. I removed most by using a semi damp cloth on the paint however, I can't get them off of the mirrors and windshield. I have streaks on the windshield and little spots on the mirrors. It's really annoying to see it after you've worked so hard cleaning your auto. Any suggestions about the glass? I'm afraid I might have ruined the mirrors using windex.

2. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    novataco

novataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    Its probably etching from bird poop, not water spots, if it won't go away.

3. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Yes...it works very well. I had water spots or some type of deposits etched into the paint from the day I bought the truck 3 years ago. Nothing took them off..even tried mild rubbing compound. The first time I tried the clay bar last summer it pretty much removed it. It won't take out swirls but it will remove most deposits on the paint surface and make the surface smooth as a baby's butt.

4. Jan 31, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    novataco

novataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    I think you meant "old wives tale"

5. Jan 31, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Vinegar and water solution is the easiest method. Won't hurt your paint but you do need to wax after.

Cheers.

6. Jan 31, 2011 at 5:09 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.

This is a good thread ... learning some things here.

7. Jan 31, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    snakebite

snakebite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hanover, PA
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma xcab 4x4 AT (7514)
    2005 4runner sport wheels, jeraco cap
    if the spot doesn't come off, its most likely, acid rain damage.

8. Mar 13, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    krudawg

krudawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Goodyear, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner V6 SR5
    I used to use Mr. Clean Auto Dry Car wash system. After I hand washed my truck I would attach the Mr. Clean "Gun" to my hose and switch the gun to soap, where it would draw Mr. Clean soap from the gun resevoir and coat the truck in soap. Then I would select "Rinse" and remove the soap. Then, and this is the real genius of the system, I would switch it to the final rinse setting, which ran the water through a filter and would mist on to the truck. It would then air dry in the sun spotlessly. But, they no longer make it so I found a product at AUTOZONE called "Wax while you dry". After hand washing the Truck, I get my microfiber towel and the wax-while-you-dry and shake it up and mist the truck in small sections at a time and dry the small section before misting and drying the next section. The truck looks like it has been detailed.

Products Discussed in

To Top