Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How to get off water spots??

Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
comicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
comicnut25's Tacoma Gallery
How to get off water spots??

Hey guys any help would be appreciated I have very dense water where I live and it leaves spots everywhere!! I already started drying it really fast but all those old spots won't go away !! Please help!!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
use a quick detailer as/after you dry. or spritz some water over the water spots to re hydrate the spots. i prefer the quick detailer by meguires. also as you wash your truck, keep the whole thing wet till you are ready to dry it, this will prevent most of your prob.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
sorry. just reread the post, to get rid of them, vinigar and a rewax, claybar and a rewax, or just wash again and dry faster. all in all, after you get it the way you want it, a good wax will prevent alot of the spotting.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
TRDNinetyNiner is on a distinguished road
TRDNinetyNiner's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same kind of water where I live. I use micro fiber cloth to dry up after washing. It leaves a spotless finish.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
comicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud ofcomicnut25 has much to be proud of

Yeah my wife got me an awesome microfiber cloth that helps alot!!! I'm just haveing a hard time withthe left over spots but I'll try the detailer stuff!! And the clay? Obvious wax the he'll out of it and keep it dry!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
I have this waterspot on my hood that I can't get off. I tried clay but it didn't work. I plan on trying a light abrasive finishing product sooner or later.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #8

I've heard clay is an old wise tale can anyone verify if it works??
Old 05-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
vinegar with water in a spray bottle works for real!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
clay works great for crap on your paint! Ive used it several times for spots I couldnt get off just by cleaning. it will also remove overspray from paint and contaminations in your clear coat
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
vinegar with water in a spray bottle works for real!
yea, before cleaning products thats what people used to clean stuff with
Old 05-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
Tripletpkc is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
Tripletpkc's Tacoma Gallery
Best product I've come across for tough water spots tar, small scratches, tree sap etc...is Klasse-All-In-one Polish. Works great as a Polish also

http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html
Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #13
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
yea, before cleaning products thats what people used to clean stuff with

That is the best way to remove the spots works better then most cleaning stuff do that they wax the truck it will look New!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstrk02 View Post
use a quick detailer as/after you dry. or spritz some water over the water spots to re hydrate the spots. i prefer the quick detailer by meguires. also as you wash your truck, keep the whole thing wet till you are ready to dry it, this will prevent most of your prob.
X2
Old 05-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #15
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
you can use some glass cleaner from adams polishes works real well and ive done a clay bar with a detail spray uderneath and it helps real well if you have dead bugs on the windows
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #17
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicnut25 View Post
I've heard clay is an old wise tale can anyone verify if it works??
Clay is a fantastic product for paint care. There is no substitute. Nothing else will remove bonded contaminants quite like it.

If you doubt, scrub your paint with soap and water. Then clay it. Look at the clay and you will see what your soap and water left behind.

Your paint will also go from gritty to 'smooth-as-glass'...

Need some?

http://polishandwax.com/shop/product...-gram-bar.html
Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #18
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Be advised that vinegar is acidic, meaning that it will remove some paint. So proceed with caution and don't leave it on there too long. It realy should be diluted, too.

I prefer polishing hard water stains off. I feel that I have more control versus using vinegar.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #19

The clay worked awesome guys thanks for all the help!!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
My suggestion would be first to clay it, then polish your paint, then protect future water spots from developing by waxing.