Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

tacoma factory lift kit

Old 05-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
donovan6241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Donovan
donovan6241's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma factory lift kit

I stoped by my dealer today and saw the lift kit they offer. They told me since my truck is 4wd its gonna cost more, i want to know if thats true? or if they are ripping me off? If anyone has had the lift kit installed at the dealer, i would like to know how much it cost you, if you liked it, and the most important i wold like to see pictures. Here is a link to the one i saw at the dealer:
http://www.readylift.com/c-104-tacom...75-30f10r.aspx
thank you
Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a spacer lift. Personally, Id go with either Bilstien 5100's all around or toytecs ultimate lift or OME 3'' lift kit. I think billy's are a comparable price. Look at downsouth motorsports. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
Sounds like a spacer lift. Personally, Id go with either Bilstien 5100's all around or toytecs ultimate lift or OME 3'' lift kit. I think billy's are a comparable price. Look at downsouth motorsports. Good luck.
yaa.. i been tooking at other ones for like 4 months, but i want to stick to the one that the dealer offers because i want it too last in the long run.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
TDOGGY will become famous soon enoughTDOGGY will become famous soon enough

Name: Travis
TDOGGY's Tacoma Gallery
They arent really ripping you off, i talked to them while i was in for a service and the guy was trying to sell me a lift. He stated installed it was 600.00 thats with alignment. Not a bad deal. However Ive priced about every lift out there for the 3 inch so I could stuff 32's or 33's under there. You can get a spacer, and block like the one you looked at through ready lift from just about every 4wheel drive dealer in the Country. They range from about 129.00 up to 350.00 with a block or spring for the rear. I guess if your not wanting to install it yourself and drive it somewhere to have it aligned thats not a bad price. Im going with a do it yourself because they really are not hard to do as long as you have common sense, basic tools, torque wrench, and a alignment guy you trust. Look into it and im sure youll find its pretty easy stuff. The front is about 2 hours and the rear about the same just depending on your tool availability. If you want the install guide for some of these kits let me know. I would reccomend looking around on ebay, and some of the 4 wheel parts resources some of the guys on this forum have to offer first.

Bilstien also offers the 5100's that are adjustable up to 2.75 lift for the front and they are said to be better for the suspension travel.

check em out:http://www.bilsteinus.com/leveling/index.php

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...con/52907.html

http://www.hellbentsteel.com/catalog...it/category/6/

on the hell bent steel website there are install instructions for the front spacers at the bottom of the page. They only sell the front spacer but you can get blocks elsewhere. Just a start for you to toss around. It all depends on what you want to spend. Hope it helps.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
your thing says you are 2x4??????
Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
your thing says you are 2x4??????
ya it is 2x4 but the guy at the dealer was telling that my truck was 4x4 so they could charge more.. do u have a lift on your truck?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan6241 View Post
ya it is 2x4 but the guy at the dealer was telling that my truck was 4x4 so they could charge more.. do u have a lift on your truck?
wait...they were telling you your truck was 4x4 when it isnt?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
wait...they were telling you your truck was 4x4 when it isnt?
yes.. and thats y i got pissed and walked out
Old 05-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i would have too...and they wouldnt get a dime

dont count on the dealer's "kit" to last you

youre better off buying quality aftermarket parts than you are buying halfass dealer promoted parts
Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #11

Quote:
yeah i would have too...and they wouldnt get a dime

dont count on the dealer's "kit" to last you

youre better off buying quality aftermarket parts than you are buying halfass dealer promoted parts
yaa.. the only reason i was gonna but it at the dealer is because i herd that other lift kits void you warranty. do u know if that is true?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

yea a 3'' toytec lift
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
yaa.. the only reason i was gonna but it at the dealer is because i herd that other lift kits void you warranty. do u know if that is true?
no

only if a part can be PROVEN to have caused a failure of a part under warranty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
taco19 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallon
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
i put a ready lift in my truck. hasnt caused any problems yet. it only took about 2 hours to install.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #15
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
RIP OFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f that!!! no its not any hard to do a 4x4 lift in the front. especially a dealer with a vehicle lift and proper tools and helping hands.

it will not void waranty it will void the waranty on wheel bearings and balljoints but so will their lift. they say "toyota approved" until you try to go to a diff dealer or something goes wrong like a ball joint fails and your crash then they dont know you and never saw you in their lives. I got stupid spacer that were "toyota approved" installed myself and had a weird noise after driving for a while (not related to suspension), and the fucker wrote "aftermarket lift" on the service ticket and wouldnt take it off even though they promote the same product. Dont do it. Do it right and go with better coil overs and a add a leaf rather than crappy spacer and block lift.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=tigerfan00;1786146]no

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...Act[/quote]

i have a question! sooo if i want to get a 3'' lift and all of a sudden my transmission goes out its still covered? cant they just blame the lift and say my warranty is done.. please clarify because i really want to lift my truck but thats one major reason holding me back from doing it. thanks..
Old 09-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #17

[quote=milo39;2227404]
Quote:
no

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act[/quote]

i have a question! sooo if i want to get a 3'' lift and all of a sudden my transmission goes out its still covered? cant they just blame the lift and say my warranty is done.. please clarify because i really want to lift my truck but thats one major reason holding me back from doing it. thanks..

They warrenty only voids it if that part make it broken. The lift has nothing to do with the transmission so it wont void it. Say you get the lift and something happens you your allignment, or shocks, the dealer will not cover that because the aftermarket part caused that. I got a ready lift with 2.75 front block lift, and it didnt void anything.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=donovan6241;2229042]
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo39 View Post

They warrenty only voids it if that part make it broken. The lift has nothing to do with the transmission so it wont void it. Say you get the lift and something happens you your allignment, or shocks, the dealer will not cover that because the aftermarket part caused that. I got a ready lift with 2.75 front block lift, and it didnt void anything.
cool.. thanks.. i would of just thought theyd blame it on the lift maybe because of the angle,stress or allignment on parts of the truck or if the transmision were to go point the finger at the aftermarket parts.. i just think it would be easy for them to say they wont fix it because of that.. but since youre telling me its cool.. then maybe ill be getting my lift a little sooner!