Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

what is the order?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
washing waxing

Im the same way I wash my truck at least 3 times a week I hate it to be dirty. this weekend i even waxed the door jambs under the hood inside the gas cap cover everywhere.. I use Zymol that is the shit.. Astro shield is good too
Old 05-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #22
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
no need to dry before claybarring... waste of time IMO. i clay as im washing... for instance ill wash the roof, rinse it... then clay it immediately after while its still nice n wet, or ill dip my clay in the soap bucket. you can use anything really as "lube', soapy water is best, i dont see the reasont o waste the expensive stuff as lube when anything will do.
then wash/rinse again and then its ready to dry.

a sealant is a wax alternative. its synthetic, a lot more durable then a wax (lasts about 3x as long), but doesnt quite give the shine or "pop" that a wax does.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #23
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
i even waxed the door jambs under the hood inside the gas cap cover everywhere...
I do that as part of my regular car wash that's why it takes me a couple of hours each time.....
Old 05-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #24
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I've always washed my car/truck again after I clayed it.

Wash
Clay
Wash
Dry
Wax
Old 05-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #25
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
tyvm!!

Whats this sealent stuff i have in my glovebox when I bought my truck?
Trash it? Use it?

Oh and I just bought this: Should I even use that "cleaner wax" stuff?
Is that what came on the box???
Old 05-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #26
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
the dealer sealant stuff isnt bad, ive used it on a ladys car i detailed a while back. not worth the $349 they charge you but its decent stuff.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #27
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Is that what came on the box???
yup......all that comes in the claying kit. not bad for around $20 or so. and the clay is awesome!!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #28
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yup......all that comes in the claying kit. not bad for around $20 or so. and the clay is awesome!!
damn thats cheap it cost around 40 bucks online here in Mexico
Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #29
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
dont waste the quick detailer as a lube for the clay though
Old 05-30-2008, 06:15 AM   #30
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
So use what instead??
Old 05-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
yea, what to use instead?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #32
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
for neontrail and eordonez.........instead of using the qd for a lube..........im pretty sure its ok to use some carwash shampoo instead. then use the qd after you are all done for some extra shine.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
for neontrail and eordonez.........instead of using the qd for a lube..........im pretty sure its ok to use some carwash shampoo instead. then use the qd after you are all done for some extra shine.
Thanks man! I want to get that kit, but i have to order it, its damn expensive down here, about 40 bucks!!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #34
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Thanks man! I want to get that kit, but i have to order it, its damn expensive down here, about 40 bucks!!

If you like, I will pick it up for u here for $20 from AutoZone and ship it to you....plus shipping of course

You have paypal?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #35

Quote:
If you like, I will pick it up for u here for $20 from AutoZone and ship it to you....plus shipping of course

You have paypal?
Thanks a lot for the offering man, i guess im gonna wait and program a trip to el paso, anyways i want to go visit my family.... TY anyway
Old 05-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #36
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the offering man, i guess im gonna wait and program a trip to el paso, anyways i want to go visit my family.... TY anyway

alright man....anytime
Old 05-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #37
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So use what instead??
Quote:
yea, what to use instead?
use soapy water... anything really that can keep the surface slick.