LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

what do use while washing your truck

Old 05-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
gmwelder86 is on a distinguished road
gmwelder86's Tacoma Gallery
what do use while washing your truck

Just wondering what everyone out there uses. I personally use meguires gold class car wash, meguires ultimate quick detailer, hot shine tire shine, and glass cleaner, and metal restorer on the wheels if I am feeling up to it. And for the interior I use meguires plastic and vinel(sp), and leather cleaner/ conditioner.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I use one of those mr clean spot free washers, windex and newspaper for the windows, and some degreaser that came in a purple bottle for the wheels. If the mood strikes me, I might vacuum as well.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Zaino car wash soap. Two buckets (one for soapy water and a separate one for rinsing after wiping). Mr. Clean's Autodry system - I only use it to spray the water and the spot-free drying (w/ filter in it). Other than that...separate sponge for wheels, tire shine (no brand in paticular), Stoner Invisible Glass, Mr. Clean magic eraser (for cleaning console cover/plastic, vacuum cleaner, and Interior & exterior quick detailer sprays. Zaino polish when it gets polished. Very very light coating of Armor-all or vinyl protectant on my soft tonneau cover (spray on a towel, then wipe on the cover).
Old 05-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
hicksy712 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
hicksy712's Tacoma Gallery
careful with the windex

FYI You gotta be careful with tinted windows. make sure you use a glass cleaner that is amonia free. they usually say safe for tinted windows or amonia free. amoniated cleaners make your tint turn that purple color. just a heads up. newspaper works great too.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksy712 View Post
FYI You gotta be careful with tinted windows. make sure you use a glass cleaner that is amonia free. they usually say safe for tinted windows or amonia free. amoniated cleaners make your tint turn that purple color. just a heads up. newspaper works great too.
true. I use ammonia free windex. But you also have to remember that you can use ammonia windex to wash the factory tinted windows. The front side windows are a surface tint though and you shouldn't use it on that.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
foam gun with megs crystal soap, simpe green for fenderwells/tires, i dry the windows good enough where i dont have to use cleaner, but if its too sunny out and i need to use cleaner cause of the spots, i use griotsgarage window cleaner, ammonia free and works really great.
auto magic super dressing for the tires, its water based so you can dilute it 1-1 and use it as detail spray for under the hood or fender wells to keep them nice and black looking
Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Zaino car wash soap. Two buckets (one for soapy water and a separate one for rinsing after wiping). Mr. Clean's Autodry system - I only use it to spray the water and the spot-free drying (w/ filter in it). Other than that...separate sponge for wheels, tire shine (no brand in paticular), Stoner Invisible Glass, Mr. Clean magic eraser (for cleaning console cover/plastic, vacuum cleaner, and Interior & exterior quick detailer sprays. Zaino polish when it gets polished. Very very light coating of Armor-all or vinyl protectant on my soft tonneau cover (spray on a towel, then wipe on the cover).
Everytime I use the Mr. Clean magic eraser in the house, it looks like it "sands" the mark away. Does it leave marks on the console?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody use Adam's stuff? I checked out their website, it seems on par with Griot's.

I hardly have time to wash the truck, let alone wax it. I last time I personally waxed my truck, I used that Meguiers nxt. Seemed ok I guess.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
griots is hit or miss ont heir products IMO. the waxes are ok but their polishes arent my top choice. i like their window cleaner and speed shine best.
poorboys world makes a LOT of great products, great polishes, interior dressing, wax, sealants... i can go on and on, definately one of my favs. adams is great as well, optimum makes great products.... all of these are great brands that are easily affordable and line up pretty well against the high dollar stuff such as pinnacle.
autogeek.net is a great site for detail advice, products, etc.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
I am the posterchild for Maguire's. I love their stuff.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
washing, i'll usually use meguiars gold class or turtle wax ice wash(i like it pretty good for the wash)....sometimes,i'll mix the two,polish i use is usually meguiars or mothers, wax i usually use is meguiars or mothers, and i use eagle1 nanowax alot. for my wheels and tires....i use eagle1 all wheel cleaner/ greased lightning for the tires, then i use meguiars endurance gel for the shine on the tires. for the windows....i use stoner invisible glass and crumpled up newspaper....works great. for the interior...dash, plastic and rubber inside....i use eagle1 nanoprotectant or some meguiars mirror glaze vinyl and rubber number 40, and for my nerf bars,bumper and tool box and stainless exhaust tip.....i use blue magic polish and also some mothers power metal with my mothers power ball.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #12
Billy Reuben
Punisher has a spectacular aura aboutPunisher has a spectacular aura about
Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
What is good to use for washing mitt?

Or, anyone use a brush on a pole, with or without water coming out (seen some nice boar's head ones for 90 dollar)?

thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
Everytime I use the Mr. Clean magic eraser in the house, it looks like it "sands" the mark away. Does it leave marks on the console?
Nope...

Are you using water on it? Or enough water?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
What is good to use for washing mitt?

Or, anyone use a brush on a pole, with or without water coming out (seen some nice boar's head ones for 90 dollar)?

thanks
for a good washing mitt as far as im concerned......one made out of microfiber is great. i cant say too much about a boars head brush....except i aint gonna pay $90 for one, and the regular brushes i have seen will scratch up the paint pretty bad....i'd stay away from those.