Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Headlight Haze

Old 05-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Headlight Haze

does anyone know how to remove that haze on the headlights? I can get it to go away for about an hour then after it dries its back..
Old 05-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
depending on what your detailing supplies include, if you hit them with a mild polish and a random orbital, it will clean them up.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey 77 did you try that stuff?
Old 05-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Talking got side tracked

I got the stuff but ended up at hooters and now its dark ill try it tomorow
Old 06-01-2008, 02:39 AM   #5
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I actually sanded on one of my headlamps to remove 18K miles of road wear specks. I wet sanded for 2 hours on that thing with (4) different grits. After I was done that headlamp assy. was very white colored and opaque. I tried hand polishing it but that failed to remove anything. Went and got a mini power Ball made by Mother's. Used Flitz metal polish and an hour later the lamp assy was all clear again.

If you just have haze and are not interested in getting the specks off, just use some of that restore type lens polish or Flitz and one of those power balls and I guarantee you will be amazed at how good it looks.

If you ever sand one of these type housings: use more strokes, not more pressure. A constant stream of water to carry away the grit and residue is desired.

This is the lamp assy. that was all white and opaque from sanding. It turned out rather nice.

EDIT: I would pour some polish onto the lamp and then used the Power ball running slow to get it spread all over the lamp assy. Then start on medium speed and start going from one side to another, top to bottom over and over until the polish is almost dried up and gone and soaked into the power ball. Then right before all of it is soaked up go to high speed and polish in the same method as described above. Left to right then drop down a bit and right to left, etc. The results were amazing. when done wash nad clean that lamp aasy. well and then hit it with a good WinDex cleaning. After that dries well, hit it with some sort of plastic wax. I just used my normal NXT Generation Tech Wax to coat the one in the pix.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
TheOriginalTXTACO is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: SCPO-Ret
TheOriginalTXTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Meguires PlastX works well with an orbital and a sponge type applicator, it keeps my lens covers pretty clear after 107k mi.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
wbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 46210 munitions system spec. F-4 phantom
wbhvacer's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.autobarn.net/nicsand-5min-pol-x00.html a friend of mine recommended this.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GS-27 GS-27 GS-27 puts your headlights in HEAVEN you will be amazed that they will no longer be hazed if you try it one time...with me you will chime ""YAAAAAAY GS-27""
Old 06-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
GS-27 GS-27 GS-27 puts your headlights in HEAVEN you will be amazed that they will no longer be hazed if you try it one time...with me you will chime ""YAAAAAAY GS-27""
i have a couple of tubes of gs-27....really good for light scratches and such. im gonna try it on my wifes accord headlights, with my powerball mini. they are getting a haze on them, so ima let ya know how the gs-27 does on it. the meguiars plast-x didnt do alot to them, but then again, i did it just by hand, not with the powerball.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
TheOriginalTXTACO is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: SCPO-Ret
TheOriginalTXTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I assume the GS27 is sold at my local auto parts store.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalTXTACO View Post
I assume the GS27 is sold at my local auto parts store.
it may be.........i know i have seen it at autozone and oreilly's before.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i have a couple of tubes of gs-27....really good for light scratches and such. im gonna try it on my wifes accord headlights, with my powerball mini. they are getting a haze on them, so ima let ya know how the gs-27 does on it. the meguiars plast-x didnt do alot to them, but then again, i did it just by hand, not with the powerball.
Hey T-lemme know........howdja like my lil jingle
Old 06-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey T-lemme know........howdja like my lil jingle
awesome sales pitch bro!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #14

So nobody tried the GS-27 on their lights??? Im not sellin the stuff-it works!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
I used Rainx headlight restorer kit today with excellent results. I highly recommend for those on a budget who want the light penetration that they had when they first got their truck.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
Have a nice day
htuong95 is on a distinguished road

htuong95's Tacoma Gallery
Try toothpaste. Spray with water first then buff with toothpaste. It works. There are couple of videos on YouTube.