1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kid punched my taco

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by McJosh, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    strengthcoach4

strengthcoach4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 DC/SB PreRunner SR5
    BHLM, Color Matched Grill & Emblem, Painted Wheels, Spidertrax, Painted Engine Cover, Aero-Exhaust Muffler, Sockmonkey TRD Maui decals, ARE Tonneau Cover, Debadged, Fog light anytime
    Props to you for making a mature decision at your age.

2. May 28, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    tacomaparty

tacomaparty Well-Known Member

Member:
    i hope things turn out in your favor op.

3. May 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    I am sure the OP doesnt want to get a lawyer involved, that costs money. No need to go chasing bad money with good. I would also bet small claims court is a PITA. I wish you luck but IMO I would drop the sue stuff, and just bust him in the chops until he gives you the money.

4. May 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    McJosh

McJosh [OP] avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    So how would I get a police officer to write down the witnesses side? We're all seniors and out of school so technically we could all show up but I think I'll just get like a note or something from my witness.

5. May 29, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Have the witnesses go down to the police station and make a statement. I bet you have a case number and maybe the card of the officer that's doing the case - tell your witnesses what your case number is, and which officer to talk to.

6. May 29, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    where do yo want to hide the dead body??

7. May 29, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    McJosh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    oh ok sounds reasonable. Thanks. I'll try it out. I'm going camping today in Payson but I'll back and update you guys. Thanks for all your help. :)

8. May 29, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    Taco76087

Taco76087 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Weatherford,Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma prerunner TRD SR5
    Rockford Fosgate p2 10'', Q-Logic Enclosure, JVC KD-PDR30 Ipod Connection, Rockford p200.2 Amp, Clear Corners, KING Coilovers, Rancho Rear shocks FJ TRD Trail Teams Wheels with 285/75/16 Duratracs
    Man sorry that happened to you. You think PDR would do it? You wouldn't be out of your truck but a couple hours.

9. May 29, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    Josh you talked to the Ass Hole, did you talk to his parents? If you get no where there then take his butt to court. Make sure that he has to pay all court costs

10. May 29, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Josh, I have a guy that does dent removal. On dents that big, it would probably not be perfect but would probably look better. He has done alot of cars for me and does good work. Let me know.

11. May 29, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Yeah probably best not to then. I just got the feeling that the dad was a decent dad being concerned for his sons grades and all but apparently with a son like that he's not.

12. May 29, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
  13. May 29, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    Wreckless_71

Wreckless_71 WRECKLESS for Life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pullman, WA.
    Vehicle:
    98 ext cab Tacoma
    3" Lift via OME 881's, Bilstein 5100's, Dakar OME 3" leaf packs, MBRP custom exhaust, HID headlights, CB, Canopy, aluminum wheels, upgraded sound system, full set of studded snow tires and wheels, auxilary lighting, more to come.

Have to agree with you man lol... I'm a peacekeeper and I keep a pretty level head but the quickest way to piss me off is to fuck with my shit, especially my trucks.

14. May 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    tacomaparty

tacomaparty Well-Known Member

Member:
    i think your best action from this would be to file a report, have a statement taken and witness reports taken from your local pd. then take it to small claims. you'll have to pay out of pocket at first. make sure you include that along with your claim.

don't just let this douche walk away with this, it bothers me to hear when people disregard this situation as nonsense because it's a "PITA". he needs to respect other peoples property and if you don't teach him a lesson he'll just keep doing it to other people.

15. May 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    McJosh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    I can't wait to get an estimate and visit the court tomorrow. I need my truck fixed.

16. May 31, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    OCTaco

OCTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCSB
    My question is, Why didnt you punch him?

17. May 31, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    DirtyBoy

DirtyBoy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J.R.
    Deer Park, Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 Colorado 5" Lift
    5" CST lift, 1" lift shackles, Wheatley Performance Tune, Corvette Servos, Ported Throttle Body, Debadged, custom installed sound system, all lights tinted with VHT nightshades, 6000k HID in lows, retrofited fog lights, flowmaster 40 SI/DO ran dump style to the rear
    man that sucks, personally i would have taken the damage out of his ass and taken care of it myself, couldnt be that much to pull that dent out, unless the dealership is replacing the bed side... BIG MONEY$$

18. May 31, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    McJosh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    I was driving. My truck in motion and the dude punched it. It's a residential neighborhood and all the seniors are driving through that same street so I can't stop and argue in the middle of the street. Either way, I think legal is the way to go.

19. May 31, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    DirtyBoy

DirtyBoy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J.R.
    Deer Park, Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 Colorado 5" Lift
    5" CST lift, 1" lift shackles, Wheatley Performance Tune, Corvette Servos, Ported Throttle Body, Debadged, custom installed sound system, all lights tinted with VHT nightshades, 6000k HID in lows, retrofited fog lights, flowmaster 40 SI/DO ran dump style to the rear
    i pulled over a curb once to chew out a little kid with his parents watching cause he threw a half full coke can at my face, windows were down, and his parents freaked out and i said that they need to keep their kid on a leash or i wont be so observant through this part of the neighborhood

20. May 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    McJosh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    Dang that sucks. I don't like causing a scene neither. Idk, I guess I'm weird and I want him just to pay to get it fixed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top