Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Window trim spotting!!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Window trim spotting!!!!

How can I get rid of these damn spots on my window trim pieces?
I've heard that 303 Protectant can get it clean and protect it, so it doesnt come back. Is this true? If so, Im ganna have to get some!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
303 is great stuff, I highly recommend it!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Coo... Will it clean, and get rid of the spotting thats happening to my trim though?
Old 05-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
where can i find this 303? my trims have had that since i got the truck.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I just did a search at a couple other forums, and there really isnt much that will get rid of it. You can dress it up a bit, and make it better, but not totally get rid of it. A new piece is about 20 bucks. And I might just do that.

But the 303 products you can find at any boat supply store or online... Im ganna pic some up just to try and for the rest of my trim and black plastic..
Old 05-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #6

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know how to replace this piece? If its hard or not to do? thanks!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #7

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Bump....

Anyone know if its an easy job to remove the window trim?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
strongwxnc is on a distinguished road

strongwxnc's Tacoma Gallery
I just use some Mother's Black. It will take care of the trim and door handles. But it goes away quickly. I would love to hear about a better option to this issue.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #9

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
well I ordered some 303 protectant. Ive heard its great stuff and will help. I will let you know when it comes. I hope it does work so I dont have to replace them.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
The 303 protectant didnt really help. And now Im wanting to replace them. I hope it isnt too hard to do.
Anyone done this before? its the piece at the bottom of the window, on the outside...
Old 07-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #11
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Adam's Super VRT. Best stuff hands down. $$$ but worth it.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #12

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Stuff looks pretty awsome! But my trim is damaged from the sun. and pretty much needs to be replaced. But that stuff would be awsome for my Flares and Bumper skirt. Thanks man!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, hey, Ever, here's your thread about this...

I replaced these right after I bought my 2001 last year.

They are called "weatherstrip."

About $32 each from the dealer.

They come with new clips, so don't worry about breaking the originals (3 each piece). Only one of mine broke. Pretty easy to get off.

Here are the PNs for the front doors (I have an Xtra cab, so I don't know the PNs for the DC rears).

Edit: Oh yeah, and what I didn't realize until I started messing with these is that the actual wiper/squeegee portion of the trim that wipes the window was completely bent out and rigid, allowing water to run down into the door! I figured this was probably from the driver resting his arm on it while the window is down. So it is worth checking this on yours, because this could be more than a cosmetic issue for the electrics inside your door...

I am going to 303 these regularly now. The rubber is super thin on metal trim underneath, so in hot regions, the metal heats up and just cooks the rubber off. I couldn't even tell it was rubber until I got the new ones...
Attached Thumbnails
Window trim spotting!!!!-ws_0.jpg   Window trim spotting!!!!-ws_1.jpg   Window trim spotting!!!!-ws_3.jpg   Window trim spotting!!!!-ws_7.jpg   Window trim spotting!!!!-ws_9.jpg  

Window trim spotting!!!!-ws_10.jpg   Window trim spotting!!!!-ws_12.jpg  
Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #14
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_e View Post
where can i find this 303? my trims have had that since i got the truck.
Try West Marine, nationwide chain. There must be several million in FL.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #15

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a bunch man! It looks fairly easy enough to do. Im about to order them. I went to the dealer today to check on there prices, and they wanted 43 bucks a piece. WOW.... Screw that!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #16

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I found them on toyotapartsbarn.com for 17-18 bucks a piece. way better deal!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
Jimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jimirich's Tacoma Gallery
I use AutoMagic Bumper Magic.