Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

DIY plastic scratch repair 2nd Gen Grey Interior

Old 06-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
DIY plastic scratch repair 2nd Gen Grey Interior

Hey guys!

I work at a dealership and we have a guy come around every week or so and he fixes scratches in the interiors of our used cars. I asked if he could match the grey plastic thats in my truck and just give me a bottle and a sprayer. he has allready fixed something for me before and did a flawless job! so in the next few days I will but some before and after photos up including the whole process. If anyone is interested after that point in the paint i could probly get him to make up some more
Old 06-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
tooxslick is on a distinguished road
Name: Gary
tooxslick's Tacoma Gallery
I have a lot of scratches that I want to get rid of. I've seen someone around the forum that used a blow dryer or heat gun to get rid of the scratches, but I don't want to melt my interior.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

Hey guys I just moved the other day so everything is a little hectic right now. I will post pics early this week!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #6

So I didnt wanna keep you guys waiting so I did a couple of the small scratches on the rear console just so you can see the results.

So here is scartch 1

Scratch 2

and these are the final product. I did a tiny bit of sanding with 1500 grit i could have done a bit more on the one.. but this was about 15min total of work and most of that was taking th console out

Old 06-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed
Old 06-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #9

scratch 1

scratch 2

product of scratch 1

this is the product of the first scratch. i could have done a way better job sanding and maybe even filling the scratch but you get the idea

Old 06-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
sky1ine3 will become famous soon enoughsky1ine3 will become famous soon enough
sky1ine3's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome man. I need some of that stuff!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take some of that and some to match the black dash...!!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
SilveredTaco is on a distinguished road
SilveredTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!!! I'm in.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job. I would be in for some grey interior scratch remover all day. Keep me in mind when/if you get some. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #15
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed...
Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #16
zanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to all

Army:
zanodave's Tacoma Gallery
does this stuff have a name?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
Nice job. I would be in for some grey interior scratch remover all day. Keep me in mind when/if you get some. Thanks.
Yeah you bet. I got the guy to make me roughly a 6-8oz bottle of paint and he got me an aeresol sprayer from an autoparts store.. all in it cost me 40$ like i said I will post pics of the entire process asap
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #18
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sch0enne View Post
Yeah you bet. I got the guy to make me roughly a 6-8oz bottle of paint and he got me an aeresol sprayer from an autoparts store.. all in it cost me 40$ like i said I will post pics of the entire process asap

If you could have him do some up of the black dash I will pay you for a 6oz bottle of that and the grey!!
Seriously just let me know how much
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoskrewPB View Post
If you could have him do some up of the black dash I will pay you for a 6oz bottle of that and the grey!!
Seriously just let me know how much
you bet man I will ask him when he comes in next. Im not looking to make a profit just looking to help out. Its up to him though if hes willing to make up a few bottles.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #20
-Empty-
I appreciate it man!