LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Meguiars #26 Yellow Wax Rocks!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars #26 Yellow Wax Rocks!

I used Meguiars #26 Yellow Carnuba Wax on my Tacoma this past Sunday and it is awesome. I bought my new silver double cab in March and it looked 10 times better than when I bought the truck new. The silver paint was extremely glossy and shiny after the wax. I wish I had pictures to prove it but I broke my camera last week. This wax is great and I was just checking to see if anybody else had used this product?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Resident Detailer
mShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
#26 is a definitely a good wax...very under-rated IMO. While longevity isn't great, ease of use and a great look are its best assets.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i use it when i have it readily available(i get some from where i work occasionally), and yeah, its pretty awesome wax. real shine and smoothness with it.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Nessy07 is on a distinguished road

Nessy07's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't used Meguiars recently. I've been using Zymol Cleaner Wax, runs about $14 a bottle, I think it's great.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
\m/.....\m/
ph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ph16drive's Tacoma Gallery
I recently stopped using Meguiar's waxes because 2-3 weeks after waxing the truck, the water just sat on the truck and didn't even roll off . . . and I park in a garage. Plus, the smooth feel of the finish was gone a week after waxing it. Don't get me wrong, Meguiar's polishes and cleaners are #1 in my book but their waxes just don't cut if for me. I recently was referred to a product (Collinite #845 Insulator Wax) and it's been 3 weeks since I used it and the finish still looks great and feels smooth like it was just waxed.
When I used Meguiar's wax, it took me like 8 hours to do the entire truck. With Collinite it took me less than half that time and was so easy to "wax-on" and "wax-off".
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Zymol

Ill second the zymol that stuff is the shit you cant even set a towel on your hood without it sliding off and it lasts a long time, however I rewax once a month just in case
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
astro shield

anybody heard of astro shield? I used to use it and I dont know the difference between a wax and a polish help me resident detailer
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
anybody heard of astro shield? I used to use it and I dont know the difference between a wax and a polish help me resident detailer
i aint the resident detailer, but i'll take a crack at answering your question.

a polish shines the paint while removing(or hiding in some cases) swirl marks, and a wax seals the shine in and leaves a protective barrier on the paint. something to that effect!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:54 AM   #9
Resident Detailer
mShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessy07 View Post
Haven't used Meguiars recently. I've been using Zymol Cleaner Wax, runs about $14 a bottle, I think it's great.
Cleaner waxes are a great one-step product, but they typically don't offer the protection that a traditional wax/sealant offers. With a cleaner wax, you'll need to use it more often to keep the surface protected. What you could do is do the cleaner wax every 3, 4, or 6 months, and then use a traditional wax in between.

If using a quality over the counter (OTC) wax or sealant, I'd recommend re-applying every 4-6 on average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofener View Post
I recently stopped using Meguiar's waxes because 2-3 weeks after waxing the truck, the water just sat on the truck and didn't even roll off . . . and I park in a garage. Plus, the smooth feel of the finish was gone a week after waxing it. Don't get me wrong, Meguiar's polishes and cleaners are #1 in my book but their waxes just don't cut if for me. I recently was referred to a product (Collinite #845 Insulator Wax) and it's been 3 weeks since I used it and the finish still looks great and feels smooth like it was just waxed.
When I used Meguiar's wax, it took me like 8 hours to do the entire truck. With Collinite it took me less than half that time and was so easy to "wax-on" and "wax-off".
Collinite is great for long-term protection. It protects longer than most waxes out there, including anything I've used from Megs. Collinite wax is definitely a step above Meguiars. A lot of people use Collinite as a winter wax b/c it lasts so long.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
gmwelder86 is on a distinguished road
gmwelder86's Tacoma Gallery
I spent wen. clay baring, polishing and waxing my grand cherokee(dont have a taco yet, sorry) and after I ploished it I couldnt set anything on it, and after wax it was smooth as a babys ass. all with meguires, although if you go to buy the clay bar kit get it at walmart its 10 bucks cheaper than kragens. Found that out today after I bought and used the one from kragens.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:11 AM   #11
Resident Detailer

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Once you realize how slick your paint gets, you'll want to always be rubbing the back of your hand on the paint to feel it.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mShu7 View Post
Once you realize how slick your paint gets, you'll want to always be rubbing the back of your hand on the paint to feel it.
Have you tried the System One products?
www.polishandwax.com
I have been useing this, and find it to be better than any Maguires product.

ALso, How hard is this "Zymol" to apply and remove?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #14
Resident Detailer

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Have you tried the System One products?
www.polishandwax.com
I have been useing this, and find it to be better than any Maguires product.

ALso, How hard is this "Zymol" to apply and remove?
Yes, I have tried S1 and I was not impressed. Their wax was awful, IMO. Optimum Car Wax and Duragloss AquaWax are miles ahead of the S1 wax. The polish was nothing to write home about. I would use Meg's polishes over S1 any day, especially their newer polishes. Menzerna is the best overall polish line though.

Sorry, just sharing my honest opinions.

I don't have any experience with Zymol.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mShu7 View Post
Yes, I have tried S1 and I was not impressed. Their wax was awful, IMO.
Thanks for your input. For me, using their product, I have found that road grime, grease, oil, and mud, dont stick to the finish like it would with the Maguires products. Seems to last longer too. The first S1 wax I tried was not that good, it was quite horrible, actually. I aplied it and when I removed it, it was like I didnt do anything to the paint. I contacted them about this and they promptly sent a pre paid shipping lable to return the product, and sent a new "batch" out to me. I have been happy with it. I dont have alot of experience with other products, though.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #16
Resident Detailer

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thanks for your input. For me, using their product, I have found that road grime, grease, oil, and mud, dont stick to the finish like it would with the Maguires products. Seems to last longer too. The first S1 wax I tried was not that good, it was quite horrible, actually. I aplied it and when I removed it, it was like I didnt do anything to the paint. I contacted them about this and they promptly sent a pre paid shipping lable to return the product, and sent a new "batch" out to me. I have been happy with it. I dont have alot of experience with other products, though.
Sounds like I may have been using the old batch of their wax, b/c it was pretty bad. I'm glad to hear they improved the formula and it's working out for you.

Typically, I'm not a huge fan of Meguiars, but like I said, some of their newer products are looking pretty good (M105 compound is great).