Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

painted front bumper and emblem. pics

Old 06-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
painted front bumper and emblem. pics

i just finished painting the lower mid section of the front bumper on my tacoma as well as the toyota emblem. also, can i but a skid plate and a bull bar together? Is there any way to make it work?... if not what would it be better the bar or the skid plate... let me know what you think... good and bad. IMO it brakes the horizontality of the bumper... anyhow i like it.

but first can someone tell me if these are the stock headers. i bought the truck used with the intake and exhaust but i don't know if these are the stock headers or not. thanks.

[IMG]file:///G:/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_0879.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///G:/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_0879.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///G:/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_0881.JPG[/IMG]
Old 06-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yeah.......those are stock headers. and you can leave the skid plate on with most bull bars, you can with the aries anyway. i think westin says it must come off, but it seriously doubt it.

by the way.......the paint job looks pretty good man.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

yeah, with the westin, says that the skid plate must come off, so i can install the aftermarket skid plate and the westin? thanks.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
yeah, with the westin, says that the skid plate must come off, so i can install the aftermarket skid plate and the westin? thanks.
not sure about the aftermarket skidplate working with the bull bar. i think its a bit thicker than stock, so it may not fit with a bull bar.......honestly im just not sure.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #5

bump
Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
"She's a 'beaut Clark"
chadleeper is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
chadleeper's Tacoma Gallery
Question on your Volant CAI

I just installed a Volant CAI intake. I like the intake except that it does not provide a threaded stud like the stock intake to re attach the engine cover.

I know I could just bolt on side of the engine over down but, I did not want the loose side of the cover vibrating. Plus it would be hitting the MAF sensor.

I see on your truck you have the Volant and the engine conver on. I wanted to know if the previous owner rigged up a mounting point the left side of the cover or are you just using the right side nut.

Thanks,

/Chad
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper and emblem look good
Old 09-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
"She's a 'beaut Clark"
chadleeper is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
chadleeper's Tacoma Gallery
bump

bump
Old 09-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadleeper View Post
I just installed a Volant CAI intake. I like the intake except that it does not provide a threaded stud like the stock intake to re attach the engine cover.

I know I could just bolt on side of the engine over down but, I did not want the loose side of the cover vibrating. Plus it would be hitting the MAF sensor.

I see on your truck you have the Volant and the engine conver on. I wanted to know if the previous owner rigged up a mounting point the left side of the cover or are you just using the right side nut.

Thanks,

/Chad

I've been just using the right side nut on my engine cover for 2+ years now. No problems and I haven't heard any vibrations from in the cab.